Thread: Endo Operation Question

Default Endo Operation Question

It looks like I'll have a lap. operation next year. Can someone tell me whether they went to public or private hospital and how much did it cost you? IE: Did you pay for your Dr service, anaest. & what else?

cheers

I went public for both of mine and it never cost me anything.

Love

I went public with a private Gyno. It cost approx:

Public hospital bed $250.00
    Gyno $6??.00 cant remember exactly
    Anethetist $6??.00 cant remember exactly

Out of that medicare gave me money back like four hundred and something for the gyno and three hundred and something for the anethetist.

I would have gone public all together but when I went to their gyno they told me there was nothing wrong so ended up seeing a private gyno who booked me in asap for my lap.

Good luck with everything Sam
    Take care Katie

hi there

I had a lap/hyst/D&C a few weeks ago and here was my costing as per private hospital (St Lukes, Darlinghurst)

Excess 200 payable on the day
    Assistant surgeon $200
    Surgeon (my gyno) $864.50
    Anaethetist $600

I will get approx 80% back from medicare and some back from my healthfund. I got in within 1 week of making appointment. I hold alot of faith in my gyno and wouldn't want anyone else dealing with me!

regards

leis

I had a lap/hyst/D&C a few months ago and was private and was approx $350 out of pocket. Health fund & Medicare picked up the rest. This was the 4th one of these I have had. The first 2 were public as my gyno was at a public hospital. The other 2 have been private and by far for me the better experience.

thanks for your replies. I'm having a lap & hyst next month (Jan 06) and I'm going private. Otherwise I have to wait up to 6 months to have the procedure thru the public system. It wouldn't bother me to wait the 6 months but as we're planning on moving interstate asap plus, my age as I have no kids we cant afford to wait. I know it could take me that long to fall pg but thats ok.

Not sure if this has been asked but once you have the procedure how quickly can one fall pg?

Some fall pregnant relatively quickly, others depending on the situation can take longer. My gynea/SIVF doctor thought that i had mild endo, once in there the extent of it was so severe he sewed me up again and has referred me onto one of his colleagues to carry out the next op to remove it, which will be at the end of Feb 2006. lap/hysts/D&C are not usually used as measures in curing infertility. They are more of a lets see what is going on and remove any fibroids, endo. Your gynea will explain in further detail to you.

All the best

leis xx

Hello, I had 2 ops for endo in Perth and didnt have to pay anything - then i moved to the gold coast and had 1 op. i had a bill for $1800 because apparently my doctor was a top surgeon and my health insurance didnt cover me!!!! check with health insurance as to what they cover first! also my sister-in-law has no cover and was diagnosed endo and was told to expect to pay $4000!

Hi, i feel pregant with DD straight away after having surgery. My DR told me to wait for my 1st period after the surgery and then to Go for it.... I was pregnant the next cycle..

Hi Sam,
    In the first few months after a d&c and laparascopy and dye (can't remember the technical term) there is an increased chance of falling pg. They don't know what exactly causes it but it does happen. When I had mine we had been TTC for 2years with no luck and I got pg. (but unfortunatley miscarried) the second cycle after the op (they found nothing wrong at the op)
    good luck.

Hi Sam ,

I had the a lap preformed back in Nov 2004 . They discovered I had Endo and did a basic "clean up" . The Fertility Dr said my chances where so slim of falling pregnant ( due to the endo and some other issues) that we should start fertility treatment straight away .We needed to wait for my current cylcle to end and a new one to begin. Well it never happened!!! we fell pregnant about 3 weeks after the operation!.

I hope your operation goes well this month ....stay positive as this could be just what your body needs.

Cass

PS : I went private - dont think it made a difference except that I also was able to get in quicker and also use my own Dr.

I have had 12 laps now. The last 4 or five have been while TTCing. In Nov 00 I had a major lap done, then went on provera for 3 months because the endo was so bad. Then I tried a natural FET which was cancelled due to poor hormones. Had a month off, then did a low stim FET and fell pg with DD.

Basically the lap can help if the endo is the cause of the infertility. There are a number of reasons for which endo can inhibit pg, like: the are bloody adhesions restricting the ovaries, or the endo blood causing a toxicity in the abdomen which kills off the egg as it goes from ovary to tube, or the presence of an enzyme in utero which inhibits implantation. So endo is an insideous disease unfortunately.

Best of luck with the lap.