Thread: first period after endo op..... aaaarrrrhhh painful

Default first period after endo op..... aaaarrrrhhh painful

Hi ladies

The last two laps i have had, the first period to follow has been very very painful... Although they have still got some endo to remove from my bowel next lap, (total bowel resection) this is where the pain seems to be coming from, as i know it is now only on the left hand side (adhesions to ovary and bowel)...

Since i have been on the herbs since December my pain has been very minimal but this month with the op they have been pretty average... Do you think this is normal, especially after they have been in there digging around etc???

Any ideas or experience would be appreciated....

leis xx

Ouch Leis,

Sounds like your body is still in recovery mode and even the herbs won't help much. I remember what it was like having endo on the bowel (even though I didn't realise that's where it was until after the lap). The bowel pain, diarrhoea etc. seemed to be worse than the cramps sometimes.

Hope they can fix this up at the next op. Are you able to ring your doctor for some advice on this one? Might be worth it if you are worried because I'm not sure what your previous experience of levels of pain during your period might be.

Mel

Hey Mel

The pain isn't anywhere near as bad as normal endo pain, it is mainly in my lower back which tends to make me think it is my sigmoid colon playing up as this is where the endo is attatched to the left ovary... there is no pain in the stomach or right hand side where it has all been removed. i had to stop the herbs for a few days prior to the op, so maybe that has something to do with it also, and yes it has only been a fortnight so my body is still healing...

I spoke with the girl i was in hospital with, we shared a room together and email each other regularly, she said her periods were alot heavier and more painful than usual also.

It has started to subside this arvo, but it hasn't had me in tears, like it had done prior to herbs..

thanks anyway honey, i bet you are looking forward to the birth of your IVF miracle...!!! I have started asking my girlfriends with IVF bubs to email me pics of there little miracles, i print them off and put them on my fridge for inspiration, i hope you could add to it Mel when the little man arrives...

love leis xx

I'm glad it's not as bad as it used to be. How great that you are pain free in the other areas ... it must be such a relief. Good to have a "Lap Buddy" to correspond with as well because you can compare notes.

It would be an honour for Willmartin to be on your fridge. I'll make sure you get a pic. You're right ... I am looking forward to the birth even though it is a completely unknown quantity. Hope that I behave myself!

Feel better soon ...

Love,

Mel

LOL about behaving yourself.. i just had a vision, that involved choice words !!!! but i am sure you will be nothing but a little O ...

love leis xx