Thread: GIRLS - I need your advice

Default GIRLS - I need your advice

Hi Girls,

Well after my lap I had a follow up appt with my gyno who put me back onto the pill (brevinor) (I'd gone off my pill in March to see if it was masking any symptoms etc). I then had to wait of course until my period came to start the pill. I started AF on the 20/06/05 and bled for until around the 26/06 which I thought was a normal period and started the pill.

Everything has been going fine until this past Sunday 03/07 I woke up with period pain and started to bleed again. Yesterday I spent most of the day munching on Panadol to control period pain....whilst waiting on a return phone call from gyno to sget his opinion. When I eventually did speak to him, he said not to worry about it, try and just deal with it and get into a cycle on the pill. I was not impressed with this answer as I don't feel it solves my problem of why i have had another period so soon. Also the Period pain has been the worst I've ever had....awake at 5am this morning totally uncomfortable.

The worst thing is I only have five more active pills left and then I'm on the sugar pills which will probably mean another period.

I guess I wanted to vent my frustrations but also get some advice as to whether anyone has ever dealt with this sort of thing. Form the lap all endo that could be seen was removed and I am now in the testing stages for PCOS.

I am so over being sick and am so bloody ****ed off at my docs answer but maybe I am over reacting.....what do you think girls? Please help me I feel like I'm turning inot a head case

Sal Guest

Hi Jess, your doc doesn't some that sympathetic (must be a man! 8-[ ). Not sure about your timing, but for me I had my lap then I had what I thought was my period (and my doc told me that it would be my period) but then I had my real period when it was due, a couple of weeks later. So my first 'period' was just bleeding from the lap. Could that be the case for you?

You could consider missing your sugar pills and doing a back-to-back with active pills, if you're so sick of having periods. Just a thought.

Sal,

Thanks for your reply.....I didn't really bleed much after Lap I think it was a real period two weeks ago. All the signs pointed to this being the case anyway.

I've been so happy with my doc (yes male) until yesterday when I really felt he brushed off my genuine concerns.

I am unsure whether to skip the inactive tablets because if I have another period again in two weeks I will go crazy!!

Anyway i guess I just have to wait and see what happens. Thanks again

Jess