Thread: Had my gyno visit today....

Default Had my gyno visit today....

He is such a lovely man - so kind and friendly. Anyway anyone who may have seen my odd post here and there may be familiar with my story -
    I suspect I have endo, a fair bit of it - he thinks so too. Anyway, waiting now for the hospital to make my appointment for the next step (have to go through the public system). Feel like I am getting somewhere anyway.

Mainly though I wanted to mention that I feel proud of myself today - I agreed to have an internal - ultrasound and pelvic exam, first ever due to not being sexually active thus far! He was so considerate and gentle and had one of his nurses come in and hold my hand! That actually helped distract me from what was going down under the modesty sheet! I didn't feel embarrased and it didn't hurt a bit - I suspect I may be reasonably spacious down there! Sorry TMI! After back in his office he was so nice praising my courage, etc, etc. which made me feel like a champion!

Doc was dictating his referral letter and said I have a normal vulva and cervix which is nice to know!

Thanks for caring my endo buddies.

Well done I'm slightly ashamed to admit that my first 2 internal scans never happened, as I too was still a virgin and I was tense and it hurt too damn much! A week before my wedding I had to go to KEMH for severe bleeding, and they tried to do the second internal and had to do an outer scan instead. On the way out, Mum rings my fiancee and tells him 'he's not gonna fit'.....to which he replies 'I'LL MAKE IT FIT'!!!

Keep us updated!
    Last edited by Bumperstump Cummerbund; July 26th, 2009 at 12:35 PM.

ausgirl, I was thinking about you the other day and wondering when your appointment was. Your gyno sounds lovely and caring. Did he give you any idea on how long it might be before you can get an appointment with the hospital? Hope you are not waiting too long.

Yay for feeling proud of yourself (and so you should too) Having an internal is not the nicest thing and being your first time, well, it's pretty scary.

Hope you can start to get some answers soon.

Nic

Oh that is so funny - I can imagine an 'anxious' fiance saying something like that! I am guessing it did then!

Am I the only one that lies there thinking 'gosh I hope I look normal'? I guess he must see thousands of varying vaginas! Good thing was he kinda sprung it on me - but gave me a choice, no pressure at all, but that ment I didn't have time to get all scared and worried about it.

Just what do you do with your knickers though? I put them on the chair and the nurse sat on them! I am lying there with this thing inside me thinking, omg the nurse is sitting on my knickers!!!

Thanks everyone for the support.

Nic - hopefully the next appointment will be within 6 weeks - kicking myself that I didn't take out hospital cover in July last year when I took out extras! Oh well - will definitely get it before having bubs though (one day) as I want this guy to deliver my babies - he is just lovely.

Glad to hear that the appointment went well and that you felt comfortable enough to let him do all that. Fingers crossed that the public waiting list isn't too long - I was on the public list for 6mths with my first one so I hope you don't have to wait that long. Did you know if he marked your admission form urgent or anything? I know there is an option on the form for them to tick as to how urgent you need to be done etc.

As for virgin medical exams, I was bang on 18 when I had my first pap smear done because I want to really stay on top of that as my Nan had a hysterectomy in her early 30's due to uterine and cervical cancer and anyway my then GP showed me diagrams of how they did it and then she got out this huge tub of speculums (what they insert to open the vagina to see the cervix) and she's rifling through it trying to find one and she's pulling out all these really huge ones and putting them on the table and she must have seen this look of sheer terror on my face and she sai "oh don't worry dear, I wont use one of those on you, they are for the women who've had children. This is the one I'll use for you" and pulled out this really small one ROFL. These days it's the big one

And to answer the big question ; just where do I put my knickers? I always fold them inside my trousers or skirt and place then on the stool or whatever they have there you can use so no one can actually see them LOL.

I left my skirt on, so there was no where to hide them - ah well next time I'll be more well educated! I still remember when there was a rather gorgeous young locum in town and all the single (well mostly single) women were making reasons to have an appointment (I didn't though too shy). Anyway this one older lady - married in her 50's loudly told everyone she was going to book a smear appointment with him.
    What? Does anyone honestly think a doctor would find that a turn on? Especially if you do them 20 times a day. I really didn't understand her reasoning in that one!

I think its more the thought of a hot young doctor with his hands down there!!