Thread: Has anybody else heard this?

tigerlilly Guest

Default Has anybody else heard this?

My sister works with two women who have PCOS, and are now pregnant after trying for a long time. They said they started eating heaps of poppy seeds, and got pregnant after that.

Has anybody heard of poppy seeds having a positive affect on fertility? I hadn't, but hell, at this point, I'll try anything! :eat: lol

Sal Guest

Nope, never heard of it! I'd try it, but I'm seriously skeptical. Really sounds like an urban myth, IMHO. 8-[

I've never heard of that either LOL. Although I have heard that if you eat lots of poppy seeds it can cause a positive on a drug test....

Sal Guest

Haha! You're not going to say a drug test for heroin, are you?!?! That really IS an urban myth...

LMAO No I heard that it can cause a positive on a drug test for opium(?) if you eat loads of them!!

tigerlilly Guest

AHA!! I didn't think it held any water, when I couldn't find a single reference to it on the 'net! lol Just thought I'd broach the subject here.

No I don't think I'll be heading in for a drug screen any time soon.......at least I hope not. I haven't been eating heaps of them, not spoonfuls or anything, but I've been adding maybe a teaspoon or so to things like stirfry or caseroles...........

Oh well, I figured it was at least worth asing about! \/