Thread: Hi

aw Guest

Default Hi

Hi everyone

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I have just been diagnosed with PCOS about two months ago. I was going to a GP who did actually get the diagnosis right, but didn't do any test whatsoever. I went to another GP, but one who is based in a Fertility/Womens Health Clinic, and she did the whol raft of tests and so diagnosed. I have just started on Metformin, 500mg once a day for a week, then twice a day for a week and then move onto 3 times a day from there. I have had no side effects as yet, but have only been on it for 3 days.

The whole experience has taught me to listen to your instinct ladies - I knew probably 2 years ago when I was still on the pill that something was not quite right, only I was silly enough to listen to other people who told me things would go away and so took this time to finally get the strength to go and get it checked out. I'm really glad now that I did. I would have hated to find out in a couple of years that I could have been doing something and did not.

We are hoping to conceive this year sometime, I guess that would mean we woudl be due in 05, which is cool.

Anyways, I have enjoyed reading your posts and hope to keep in touch!!

Cheers

AW

Hi AW welcome to BB! You have probably read all about my PCOS & Metformin sagas lol so I won't bore you with the details. I haven't had too many side effects either apart from constipation (TMI!) and a bit of acid reflux. Good to hear you have some good doctors there sadly there are some bad ones out there, and good on you for listening to your intuition! Goodluck with TTC, look forward to reading your posts.

*hugs*
    Cailin

aw Guest

Hi Cailin!

Thanks for the reply.

Fingers crossed for everyone,

AW.

Welcome AW!

I understand about the instinct part. I was diagnoised with PCOS when I was 14, but the doctors kept telling me so many different things that I was rediagnosed about 2 years ago.

I have been taking metformin since Oct. (500 mg) and I lost 20.lbs. My doctor still is keeping everything at a low dosage to be safe. I started clomid (100 mg) before with a different doctor, now I have new doctor, as I mentioned before about starting me on low dosages, prescribed me 50 mg of clomid. Unfortunately for right now TTC is on hold for this month. (see my TTC after miscarriage threads)

It's good you have not had any side effects from taking it. =D> They are awful.

Sorry for the life long story

Good Health and Good Luck to you!!! inkdust: :bluestick: inkstick:

aw Guest

Hi Deev

I'm really sorry to hear of your m/c.

I know it sounds really trite and all, and I can't really talk since I have never been in that position, but my mother was very sick for a very long time, and she always used to say that 'there is always something better round the corner'.

My fingers and toes are crossed for you and your DH

AW