Thread: Hi, I'm new

Kat82 Guest

Default Hi, I'm new

My name's Kat Tate, I'm 21 (soon to be 22) and I live in Perth.

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 15, but the dr thinks I had it since I started menstruating at 12. I'm on Metformin twice a day (1000mg) and my husband and I are TTC.

I've had 2 miscarriages over 2 years, and it's breaking my heart not getting anywhere with anything.

I would love to talk to other people in the same boat as me, as I don't know many ppl with PCOS.

My email is [email protected] if anyone ever wants to chat

Hi Kate

Welcome to BellyBelly. I don't have PCOS so I can't help you out there, but you might like to join the girls in the TTC after m/c loss forum. They are wonderful ladies with oodles of support.

Goodluck in your TTC journey

Love :smt049

Melinda Guest

Hey Kat,

I don't have PCOS either, but I have suffered 2 m/c and I just wanted to extend the invitation to you to come and join the TTC after m/c or loss forum as Kathryn mentioned. There are a great bunch of girls in there who will gladly welcome you and provide you with oodles of support.

Good luck Kat!

Cheers,

Hi Kat, I know exactly what your going through and welcome to the fourm.

I was 14 when I was diagnosed but throughout the years I was told it was my thyroids at the age of 9 and "nothing at all" when I was 22. I'm soon to be 28 in 3 weeks and it's been a struggle.

I've been taking Metformin for the PCOS since October and it has really controlled the insulin resistance that is caused by it. I'm also taking clomid and I'm now playing the 2 week waiting game 8-[ .

I have probably bored you with all my buisness, but just to tell let you know, this is a great place to release your frustrations, get information and much more.

Again I say welcome!

Danni

redmoon Guest

hi, kat!

welcome to the forum. tootie is right, it might help joining ttc after m/c forum cuz it really helped me a lot.

i was diagnosed with pcos last year august after ttc for more than a year. but the doc found other stuff also that could be the source problem. anyway, my doc got me on clomid jan this year and i got pregnant too. but sadly, i lost my twin babies at 9 weeks 5 days. it was a very traumatic experience for me but still wanted to get ttc right away.

my doc got me several tests to determine what was causing the m/c and so far everything is normal. this means i can stay pregnant but problem is getting pregnant due to pcos which is being treated now with clomid.

i'm quite blessed to have a doc who recommended that i take the tests since i just had 1 m/c. i've read in other forums that some doctors would only bring up the topic after the 3rd m/c, unknowingly causing a lot of women unbearable pain when the tests are readily available in most hospitals.

i don't know if you're comfortable with it but it helped me immensely knowing the results of the tests. maybe you can bring it up with your doctor to find out more about your m/c and see if there's anything you can do to avoid it.

take care and if you want to chat, you can email me at [email protected]

Hi Kat, welcome aboard! There are sadly a few of us here with PCOS, so feel free to chat away as I am sure we can all relate to what you are going through, on some level. I was 17 when I was first diagnosed, but only started taking metformin this year. It has been proving to be good for me and I am showing improvement. I am also in the process of losing weight too which I think will definitely improve things.

Can't wait to hear more about you.

*hugs*
    Cailin