Thread: Hystero-salpingogram

Default Hystero-salpingogram

Hi! I was diagnosed with PCOS early last year, but have had all the symptoms since I got my first period. I recently went to my gynaecologist because I thought I'd had a m/c, but he said it was most likely a buildup of lining that had been shed, as he doesn't think I release eggs.

To make a long story short, he gave me a 10 day course of Provera to get rid of any bits still in there and told me to get a blood test 3 weeks aftr I finish the Provera, to see whether I am releasing eggs or not. But then he suggested a hystero-salpingogram (sp?)., depending on the results. I've read the wikipedia article on it, but I was wondering if anyone here has had one??

Also, has anyone had a reaction to Provera?? Thanks all!

Hi there- I too was only diagnosed with PCOS after years and years of symptoms!
    I had a HSG done last year when going through fertility treatment.
    For me it was painful- but nowhere near as painful as I had expected. I had it done at a general x-ray place by a male doctor- but the two ladies assisting were just wonderful. Very caring. The only advice I can give you- take a couple of painkillers before you go- and try to get someone to drive you. I was a little woozy after- not sure if it was the painkillers though!