Thread: I need your opinions!

Cat81 Guest

Default I need your opinions!

Hi ladies. I have a bit of a dilema. I was getting regular periods for the past 9 months. the cycles were about 30-33 days. last month tho it was 39 days and this month it is so far 44 days. Does this sound like my PCOS is getting worse?
    I am due to start Clomid next month, but can i still go on even tho af is so irregular? I heard something about taking it on day 5 of your cycle. what if af doesn't come? when do you take it?

Hi Cat

My best friend went on clomid with very irregular cycles. I can't quite remember but I think she was given a drug to help her bring her period on. She never had pcos though either.

Love :smt049

I would contact your gyno, I was told that if metformin didn't work I would be given clomid to "kick start" my cycles, as for when you should take it I have no idea. And in this situation it is definitley safest to talk to your gyno, as even though there are some of us on clomid he may have reasons for doing things specific to you. If that makes any sense.

Goodluck!

*hugs*
    Cailin

aw Guest

Hi

I don't really have an answer for you, but with me I take progesterone lozenges for 10 days if I have not had a period start in the 28 days prior. My body currently is menstruating on it's own, only with the lozenges helping, and I have been told I can start Clomid as soon as I feel ready.

AW

Don't quote me on it, but I thought that you take clomid on the first 5 days of AF. So I'm not really sure what happens if AF doesn't come, sorry.

Pietta Guest

I know i probably shouldnt be promoting other sites on this site but a really good PCOS site which I beling to is www.pcostrategies.org If you click on discussion boards there is a HEAP of info there.
    I hope that helps you!!

Are you taking metformin? After about a month your cycle should be regulated. Make sure you talk to your :doc:

Melinda Guest

I know someone who was taking Metmorfin for PCOS and it hadn't regulated her cycles!!

About the clomid, I'm pretty sure that I read just within the past couple of days (from someone who is to start taking it) that you take it from days 5 - 9 of your cycle. Not 100% sure though......

My doctor gave me the clomid to take on days 3 through 7, but he mentioned that evey doctor is different.

Everybody's body is different as well, like me for instance, I had Metformin (500 mg a day)and Clomid (50 mg a day on days 3-7) and had a m/c so I can only tell you check with your doctor.

Were you taking anything before for irregular cycles or has this been after having children? Many women can experience PCOS after having children. Forgive me if my asking this question offends you.

Pietta Guest

Since I have been preg, many of my symptoms have reduced significantly!!! I have less facial hair, my pimples have subsided and I have bigger boobies!!
    I was on metformin and after using it for about two weeks I got AF and concieved. They were my only side effects. When i concieved because PCOSers have low Progesterone I was on Provera aswell. Provera really stuffs with your head!! It caused me to have reactive depression whilst I was using it but went away after about three days.

Cat81 Guest

Hi guys.
    I take Metformin and have done so for 5 months. everything was regular until recently. I am due to see my endo in 3 weeks time, so i guess i'll know then. All this is very confusing esp. about the Clomid cos how can you take it on day's 3-7 of your cycle if AF doesn't come? 8-[