Thread: Managing Endo after Pregnancy

kewpy Guest

Default Managing Endo after Pregnancy

I would like to hear some of your experiences on how you managed your endo after you gave birth. I know that pregnancy is not a cure to endo and that it is different for everyone, some people have it come back immediately after birth and others may take 2 or 5 years or longer for it to come back. I know that breastfeeding helps it but I am not sure if I am capable of breastfeeding yet so would like to have a backup plan.

Before I fell pregnant, my endo was very nasty and I went through a very diffcult time. I would really like to control and manage it after the birth. We would like a 2nd child but at this stage we haven't worked out an age gap so there will be a gap between breastfeeeding and ttc again and the last thing I want is for my endo to come back in force.

Thank you. I really would like to get to know some of you that have endo.

Hi Kewpy

I was told that Endo would go dormant for up to 2years after birth cause of all the hormones going on in your body. How true that is I dont' know, but I didn't have any trouble with my Endo in the 2 years between my two kids.

Love

kewpy Guest

Thanks for your reply. I have heard and read a few conflicting stories and I beleive that people's experiences is more exact. So now that you have had your 2nd child, how is your endo these days? My sister has endo, she has been having problems the past few months and had an IUD in place as they have finished off their family, their youngest is 2.5 years old.

You are from SA aren't you?

Hi Kewpy

Yep I am in the northern suburbs of Adelaide. Feel free to join us in the SA forum (I posted the link in reply to your last topic on Endo ) We are a chatty bunch.

To answer your question, since my last childs birth I have had no problems. They did think I had a complication after the birth cause I bled for 11 weeks, but it turned out just to be left over matter and nothing to do with Endo. My baby is only 9mths old, so I don't expect to have any major problems for a little while.

Love

Hi Mine was almost unbearable before pregnancy, and has returned when DD was about 3 1/2.

My endo is severe, I've had 11 laps, zoladex etc etc. My last lap was in June 2004 and lasted 4 hrs with my bowell, bladder and ab being operated on.

I've been on IVF since 98 and was successful after having my 10th lap, my daughter is 3 in May. I breastfed for 9mos and gave up only because of starting IVF. We've been trying ever since. So the severity of the endo was still high after the birth and breastfeeding for a long time.

I think it really depends on the person and endo - IYKWIM!!!!