Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metformin Girls - I have a question...

Default Metformin Girls - I have a question...

Hi there,

Just wondering how many cycles it took to fall pg after starting Metformin?

I am starting it next week (Wednesday) after BT and was also wondering how long did it take to have regukar cycles??

TIA

Sal Guest

3 cycles for me! And two of those (the unsuccessful ones) were also with clomid, so it may have happened even sooner if I'd let nature take it's course.

Good luck!

Thanks for sharing Sal...

I soooo hope that I fall pg before Xmas, so that I can have a bit of a baby bump!

about 6 weeks before AF came (had stopped for 10 months prior), O'd that cycle, but DH was away... pg next cycle! yay!

Good luck Mel

Nitzchyia Guest

Default Metformin

Hi, i am not officially diagnosed with PCOS. i have similar symptons (no periods,weight gain, increased testerone) however after 10 years (yes 10 years) of telling the doctors something is wrong ](*,) , they have now put me on metformin 850mg three a day. These tablets are making me feel awful, but i want to be healthy, and i want a child so much.

How Does anyone know on average how long it might take to conveive now. I have been on metformin for about 5 weeks and lost a 1stone so far in weight (about 13lbs), .

Thanks

Nitzchyia 8-[

Hi Nitzchyia,

As you would know I haven't started Metformin yet, but wanted to say well done on the weight loss... I am looking forward to that part.

Apparently the sick/yucly feeling should go away after about a month or so, so hopefully you start to feel better soon.

Have your periods become more regular?

Nitzchyia Guest

Hi Mellissa,

Sorry as yet i have had 1 days spotting. annoying. My Gp is very optimistic though as she feels the weight loss will really help.

Good luck

Hi Mel

I am on my 2nd cycle of metformin at the moment. I have been told that it might take a little while to get thru ur system. I was put on 500mg 3 times a day straight up as I have severe insulin resistance, Boy was I sick (here's hoping same thing doesnt happen to you - would wish that on anyone).
    The first cycle it did nothing for me, I didnt ovulate and my cycle was 49 days, which is.... well I can say normal cos I dont have normal cycles....
    Heres hoping for this cycle, but am not very confident, am on CD13 and no temp change or CM, will have to see what my CD21 BT says.

I hope it works for you and u dont get the same side effects I did!!!!
    Let us know how u go with it!!!
    :bdust: dust: :bdust:

I'm not sure exactly, from memory it was about 5 but I had to have clomid as well to get me going. But I also found out that metformin was preventing miscarriage as well, as did the asprin which allowed this pregnancy to be successful.

Goodluck!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Thanx guys...

So far so good... No real sode effects yet... up to 2 tabs per day next week.

I have Oed so fingers crossed we caught the egg!

alanah025 Guest

Hey girls ,
    well as u can see from my ticker i have also just started Metformin, and am TTC . Obviously i have'nt been on it long enough for it too take effect but i'm definately Looking forward to the weight loss and hair decrease GRRR
    i was prescribed 1500mgs per day , but personally (im a person who NEVER takes tablets lol not even a panadol) i have started myself on only 500gms per day and then gradually go to help the side affects.

OMG i have never been to the toilet so much in ALL my life lol ok TMI
    though no signs of my monthly friend yet (who i havent seen in 6 months and then 6months prior to that )
    Im just so over the whole PCOS thing and all that goes along with it GRRR

Doctors were basically useless with me , offering no information or suggestions . I demanded Metformin in the end
    Far out lol feel like ive just written i life story ... Sorry guys for the long Vent,

Best of luck and BABY sprinkles to all

Lana

Nitzchyia Guest

Default Metformin

Hi Everyone.

My problems started when i was 15 years old. However after going through many gp's, i finally found someone who listened, a female doctor 6 months ago. I have now been on metformin for 6 weeks and just had a period after no periods for 4 years. Oh My Gosh, i have never had so much bleeding, and i am not going to tell you about the clots. My Gp is nw not happy with the metformin as she feels it brought on a period whihc was way too heavy. ( was using night time maxi plus pads and saturatating them within an hour) They now want to put me on a hormone tablet to stop my periods #-o .

Has this happened to anyone. I am trying for a baby, and feel that stopping my periods is not the answer. ](*,)

Good to all

Lana - my OB started me on only 1 tab per day, and then at 2 wks increased to 2. to reduce side effects. I had hardly any.. the most I had was feeling quite thirsty and just feeling a bit off. I didnt' run to the loo at all! It took about 6 weeks for a period to come for me.

Nitzchyia - My period was only missing for 10 months, but when it came it was quite painful, but no where near as heavy as that. In fact I was cursing the OB for reminding me how horrible AF is! hehe. As much I was cheering it was back... I was in agony. My next one was back to normal tho, not as painful.

Has the bleeding gone on for longer than usual? That might be why they want to stop it. If it was only for usual period length I'd be wanting to see what the next period was like. But having said that, GP's know way more than me! so always listen to your dr if you trust them.

Hope you can both get things going soon and good luck with TTC!

alanah025 Guest

gee Nitzchyia i go through fairly long stints without my period , i wouldn't say i bleed more though (which i find very weird , logically it should be ?) but i do have the clots ... What hormone pill are they putting you on Because i know that they put a lot of women on Diane , Because its spposed to regulate you , but i stopped that because i was putting on heaps of weight with it ...

gee your lucky Ivana my Doctor also advised me to do what your doing ( tablet 1 per day until 2 weeks then increase) but i only have half and then increased , im glad i did because the toilet trips were basically my only side affect.. So far

and Nitzchyia try getting a second opinion about the new hormone pills because i haven't heard anything like that , just make sure they explain why they want to put you on it , and be firm as to how you feel about going on it

Hey girls...

My Gyno, put me on the 1 for 2 weeks, then 2 for 2 weeks, then I will be on 3... I am seeing her again on Oct 7th so I will chat to her about the doseage I think... is everyone else just staying with 2?

AF arrived today so quite bummed, but glad there are a a few more girls in here chatting... we need all the support possible...

Love

Mel

hey there - Bel just asked if they can open up a ttc with met thread like the ttc with clomid thread under the general TTC chatter bit - hope that it does get put forward and that you all come and chat in there and share your experiences...

heres the link they have combined the clomid one woth a met one - please do come over and share your experiences.

clomid and met chat thread

alanah025 Guest

\/ excellent mel =D> .... Hopefully your on the road to Baby Bliss [-o< .

My dosage is 1500mg which is 3 tablets a day , and im sure that's the common dosage .

though i havent been on it long enough to up the dosage just yet .

Baby sprinkles

Lana

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast