Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metformin Help!

thank you

hi there, no worries, its not a tablet, its a type of diet, like weight watchers is the best way to describe. If you search google and look up glycemic index it will give you a description of what the diet is.

Basically eating low GI food helps people with insulin resistance such as myself who find it hard to lose weight and also with pre-diabetes (type 2) to lose weight and get healthy.

Low GI food has a GI index of 55 or less which are fruit and vegetables (except potatoes, watermelon), grainy breads, pasta, legumes/pulses, milk, products extremely low in carbohydrates (fish, eggs, meat, nuts, oils), brown rice
    Medium GI is fine to eat too in moderation 56 - 69 such as whole wheat products, basmati rice, orange, sweet potato, table sugar, most white rices (eg, jasmine),
    High GI which I was told to avoid as it made me sick and sleepy especially with taking Metformin has a GI index of 70 and above such as corn flakes, baked potato, watermelon, croissant, white bread, extruded cereals (eg, Rice Krispies), straight glucose (100)

hope that helps.

Most important I forgot to say the reason why I was on a low GI diet when pregnant was because my OB wanted me to do this so I wouldnt get gestational diabetes and it worked for me. Low GI works differently for everyone as it depends on your insulin levels.

hi
    thanks a lot
    my weight is 69kg n i have to loose 5 or 10 kgs.
    thank you very much

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12