Thread: Not to sure what to do!

Default Not to sure what to do!

I was diagnosed with PCOS 12 years ago and didn't seem to have to many side effects except lack of ovulation.
    I have been blessed to have had a bub through IVF and now am finding that I am losing hair...gaining hair feeling so lethargic( not due to baby)
    Acne oh you name it I have it. I don't have diabetes but did have it during my preg that had to be controlled with large amounts of insulin. Do you think a doc will prescribe anything for me to help deal with symptoms and maybe lose a little weight.

Sal Guest

Hi there, has your doc ever had you tested for insulin resistance? Over half of women with PCOS have it, and Metformin combined with a low-GI diet and exercise helps a lot. As you know, having PCOS and also having had gestational diabetes, you are at high risk of developing type II diabetes, so it's worth looking after your health and avoiding getting it, rather than dealing with the health consequences later.

Hope this helps.

Suzielev Guest

Default Insulin resistance and PCOS- a natural approach

Sal you are right on the money. It is really important to get a test done for insulin resistance. Resolving that will make a huge difference. the website sensible alternative has information on PCOS and treating it naturally:

Thanks for that.
    I have had Insulin testing both of the fasting type and was fine before I was pg and at 12 weeks. But at 30 weeks Gest Diabetes. I have read that you can be medicated on met if you are borderline depending on your RE.