Thread: Ovarian Cyst...

midge Guest

Default Ovarian Cyst...

Hi there! This is my first time in your site, and I couldn't find an exact section where I could post this, so hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on the following!

I am twelve weeks pregnant, with my third child. At my ultrasound last Friday, I asked the stenographer to check out a lump on my left hand side that i could move around my abdomen. He did, and discovered I have a 5cm x 6cm ovarian cyst. Quite big apparently. Now, they have said they won't do anything about it while I'm pregnant, unless it causes problems. If it does cause problems, ie. bursts etc, does anyone know what the procedure would be - being pregnant and all?

I still have to see my doctor about it, but thought in the meantime I may as well do some of my own study on the subject!

Thanks
    Midge

Hi Midge

Welcome to BellyBelly. I had an ovarian cyst that big and it did burst but I wasn't pregnant at the time, so had a lapraoscopy, but you wont be able to have that cause of the general anesthetic etc. Probably best bet is to speak to your doctor. Sorry I can't be much help.

Love :smt049

I had an ovarian cyst last year which was 10cm & had that removed with a lap. As Kathryn said, when she had hers she wasnt pregnant. Same goes for me. I wasnt pregnant either. If it was me I would probably go to the dr and see what he says. Sorry I couldnt be of more help!!!! Maybe there are med which will calm it down or make it go down without harming the baby. Not sure.... Sorry. Keep us posted onto how you get on.

Take Care
    Katie O