Thread: Ovarian Cysts & PCOS

Default Ovarian Cysts & PCOS

Hi girls,

I'm hoping someone can help and answer my questions. I was rushed to hospital on Monday morning with severe abdominal pain. After many tests it showed that I had an ovarian cyst that had burst. I stayed in hospital for 3 days until my dr was sure I wasn't bleeding in my tummy.

Anyway, is having ovarian cysts the same as PCOS?. Sorry if it's a silly question, I'm just not sure what the difference between the two are. Any information would be great as I'm a bit in the dark.

I see my gynaecologist next Thursday for another ultrasound then he wants to do a scan after my next period. I will probably have to go into hospital so he can have a further look to see what's going on.

Thanks for listening girls and for any info you can give me.

Dan

Sal Guest

Hi Dan,

I'm pretty sure that you can have a cyst without having PCOS. PCOS isn't actually 'cysts', despite the name, it is having many follicles on the ovaries.

My sister was also rushed to hospital with a ruptured cyst, and she does not have PCOS.

Hi Dan
    I've had a cyst burst, early 20s and I've only just been dianosed with PCOS this year!

Hi Dan
    I've had a cyst burst, early 20s and I've only just been dianosed with PCOS this year!