Thread: ovulation signs & PCOS

Default ovulation signs & PCOS

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me signs of ovulation when you have PCOS. My LH hormones are too high so OPK tests are useless. I don't have EWCM, it's always creamy. I do get O pains, but i also have slight pains every couple of weeks. I have irregular periods so this makes it very hard to pinpoint ovulation.

Is it worth using Fertility Friend with irregular cycles? It looks very confusing to me.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

My symptoms are cramping and i have alot of CM and i tend to be moody around the time as well.

Hi KaileysMummy,

Does the CM have to be EW?

I'm not entirely sure. I don't remember what it was like when i concieved with my DD.

My CM was never EWCM... however OPKs worked for me, as did taking my temp. My periods were also irregular and I was ovulating some months and not the others.

The only way to know for sure is to have a blood test or ultrasound...

Hi Connie-Melb,
    What is involved when you have blood tests/ultrasounds? Don't you have to go to a GP to get a referal, then go to melb pathology, then wait for the results, then see GP again to find out the results? My O day would have been and gone by then.
    I am due to start Clomid in October, but i thought i'd have one last try to conceive naturally. I think i am due to be ovulating within the next week or two, but i never know for sure cos of my crazy cycles!

I would ask your GP for a referral to an OBGYN, they will be able to write the referral before you even ovulate so you can use it when you think you have ovulated. They will get the results within a day or 2.
    I should mention that you take the blood test to tell if you have ALREADY ovulated. If you want something to tell you when you WILL ovulate, then an ultrasound will do it (which they can organise for each cycle once you're on clomid). But because you are trying naturally, they dont normally send you for these things as yet - it can get very expensive.

My suggestion is to just have heaps of sex! The OPKs worked for me along with taking temps, so you could keep trying with them aswell.

I had my first appointment with an OBGYN 2 weeks ago, but he just sent me for more blood tests. I see him again in 3 weeks and he said thats when he will prescribe clomid, depending on what my BT results are. I don't temp either, don't know anyone who has actually and OPK's are useless as they always come out positive.

I think I'm ready to ovulate in a few days (i hope) I have lots of CM (but it's not EW) and have broken out with a few pimples. I am also on CD21 and my last cycle was 38 days ( the shortest it's ever been, usually it's about 80 days) but thats all i have to tell me.

I will definitely be taking up your suggestion! Thankyou