Thread: Pain after endo removal

Default Pain after endo removal

Hi all

As some of you know, I am having my endo removed on the 23rd Feb. 8-[ I was wondering, is your first period painful after the removal. :-k I vaguely remembering reading somewhere that it can be and improoves as time goes on? Does anyone have any first hand experiences.

thanks

leis

Hi I have had 5 laps, most recently last June to remove endo. I don't remember it being any more or less painfull than normal. Noticed more of a difference during my cycle - less pain from o to AF. Also sex is no longer painful.

I had more pain afterwards from the gas - pain in shoulder.

Good luck for your op

Leis, I do remember I did some some pain in my first couple of AF while things were getting back to normal. Then it settled down.
    I did ask Dr about this & he said it was fine.

Good luck for your op, hoping it goes as smoothly as can be.
    Take care

Hey Leis, I've had 9 ops for endo, and my period after each one was painful for me, but now I've had 2 babies and still have endo, so mine could be abit more severe than yours.

Is yours very bad? It's only my experience anyway yours maybe totally ok.
    Hope all is ok with you.

Hi Girls thanks for your replies.. Yes I guess it just depends on the individual.. Nadia my endo is bad. Level 4/5, although my symptons have never been overly bad, until i started taking clomid, they didn't know i had endo until my first IVF cycle which was a dismal failure. Seems like you conceived ok??? This is good and reassuring to see. thanks girls and will let you know how i go after the op...

love leis xxx

SamT Guest

Hi Leis,

I have had 2 laps for endo, the most recent being last November. I didn't have trouble with my first period as I was lucky enough to get it within a couple of days of surgery whilst still doped up! But I do remember that it seemed to last longer.

I was the same as sachasmum with the shoulder pain and also quite bad pain in the ribs from the gas. I was actually taking the painkillers more for that than anything else.

I am finding so far that I am experiencing much less period pain than before (no more taking 2 days off work each month!) and my cycles have been more regular, so it has definitely helped.

Good luck :flower:

Thanks sam

I had a lap/hyst/D&C in November by my usually gynea, but the extent of the endo was to severe involving my bladder etc and he didn't remove it he basically just sewed me straight up again and has since referred me onto one of his collegues Dr Micheal Cooper who will remove the endo and my gynea will be his assistant.

I did have some shoulder pain but it only lasted for 24 hours. But as they didn't remove the endo i can't judge what it will be like. I have been taking my herbs which have reduced my pain by at least 80%....I can now attend work on my first day of my period and maintain a normal life...

thanks leis xx

Hi Leis

I had my endo (lots) removed on 27 Jan after 12 mths TTC and no success. Haven't had my first post-lap period yet so can't help you with that. I would however heartily recommend that you allow yourself plenty of time off to recover. My Dr advised me to take a week off work which I arranged and thought I'd be up to normal activity again by the end of it. nearly 2 weeks now and I'm still a bit swollen and get very sore by the end of the day. I didn't get any of the shoulder pain which was nice (nurses all told me my dr was THE BEST!) but tummy was v v sore.

So, take some time, be gentle with yourself and goodluck!

~Jane~ Guest

Hey Leis

My post op pain hasn't been too bad this time (#9). I usually get more concerned with the anesthetic and horrendous nausea and vomitting I get after but I had a different anesthetic this time which helped.

In terms of period pain I have just had AF arrive and if I was 10 out of 10 with pain before (which is a pretty accurate description) I would be about a 4 out of 10 this time. I am still a bit sore around the tummy where he cut the incisions and a bit sore inside where I imagine that I had the endo removed but not as bad as the pain prior to the op which is promising.

With the shoulder pain, ask if he is going to leave a small drainage tube in for a few hours, it really helps with the gas pain although make sure they take it out s-l-o-w-ly, I have had this the last three times and it makes a huge difference.

I really hope yours goes well, I looked up your gynea on the net he seems very well respected so you should get a good result.

thanks girls

Hi Jane, sorry I missed your lap/hyst, but we have had some major dramas in the family, however it was in my mind and i was thinking of you!!! Dr Cooper does seem really good, although I do prefer David Shelley Jones my normal gynea, he is so gentle and soft in nature, but at least David will be assisting Michael in surgery. It is only 2 weeks away now....but i am not worried YET!!! give me a few days before....

I hope your recovering goes ok Jane, and yep the fold out bed is looking good at your sisters wedding!!!!

Take care

love leis xx

~Jane~ Guest

Leis, thanks for your kind thoughts. It's funny since I have joined the forum I often think about all you guys as well. It gave me a lot of strength when I was in hospital this time knowing I was not alone. I am so sorry to hear about your family problems, it makes it hard when things dont run to plan when you have to have surgery. I mentioned in the LTTC forum about my sisters miscarriage this week. It was certainly a hard week, and imagine the next month wont be easy on you either. That lovely DH of yours will have to spoil you rotten I think, I know my DH looks after me and has a heart of gold when I get out of hospital.

~Jane~ Guest

Leis, thanks for your kind thoughts. It's funny since I have joined the forum I often think about all you guys as well. It gave me a lot of strength when I was in hospital this time knowing I was not alone. I am so sorry to hear about your family problems, it makes it hard when things dont run to plan when you have to have surgery. I mentioned in the LTTC forum about my sisters miscarriage this week. It was certainly a hard week, and imagine the next month wont be easy on you either. That lovely DH of yours will have to spoil you rotten I think, I know my DH looks after me and has a heart of gold when I get out of hospital.

~Jane~ Guest

Thanks Jane

I was just wandering do you think you could email me your email address, it would be nice to keep in contact outside the forum. Just click on my email icon down the bottom if you would like to chat from time to time...

Love leis xx