Thread: Pain after excisional surgery

Question Pain after excisional surgery

A question for those who have had endo removed via excisional surgery. I had two ops in October removing it from my bowel, kidney tube, uthrer (sp?), vagina, pouch of douglas and ovaries.

I have being getting the same stabbing pain in my left side (as I did before surgery) this was not present for the first three weeks after surgery I was actually feeling normal again !! This onset of pain coincides with my first period since the surgery. The period was as painful as before and I had the vomitting/runs/cramps all at once that I have had in the past.

To get to the question..........In your experience do you think this is just a fallout from surgery ie. the first period after surgery is always heavy/painful etc ?? or do you think that perhaps I'm one of the unlucky one's that fall into the 40% of reoccuring endo after surgery - I truly hope not !!

Im not panicking yet, I figure I'll give it another cycle or two before I'll know for sure but thought I'd get your opinion along the way.

Thanks
    Cindy

Hi Cindy
    My endo wasn't as bad as yours but I certainly had a lot of pain after my surgery and my first period was certainly as evil if not worse than before. Luckily I got pregnant next cycle so didn't get the chance to see what joys further cycles might bring. Hopefully the girls in here will have lots of stories for you to compare. If you're concerned, give your doc a call.

Hi Cyndi

Sorry to hear that your in some pain (again)... I think everyone is different. I had no pain what so ever after Dr Cooper did his work, but last period i had was painful, but nothing like endo pain. However the period i am having now is not at all painful.. this is period number 6 since major surgery.. and 1 in 6 has been painful.. to the point where i had to take panadeine, and stay in bed some of the day...

I think a phone call to Michael wouldn't hurt. If anything just to reassure yourself. The magicians last words to me were 'Remember, you have just had a monsterous operation!'... keep that in mind and give it time, and I am sure you will be pain free very soon...

Love and hugs

leis xxx

I am a severe endo sufferer and have had 12 laps, including the same procedures that you have noted. You will find that if they have used the internal uretic catheters (sp? ) that they can cause some residual pain. Also what day are you on your cycle - could it be ovulation, persistent corpus luteam - or the dreaded risk that we take of adhesions... Give a bit more time though, and if you have continued concerns then contact your surgeon...
    I hope you get better soon.

I go for my first lap this friday, I'll let you know how it goes afterward if you like. I'm unstage even if I have endo or what stage, but I know it's something (vomiting+cant move for a couple of days per month plus ovulation hell). We'll see.

Hope it gets better for you

Thanks for the replies ladies.

I contacted the surgeon who basically said that it's all part of the recovery progess and not to be too worried ATM. So I'll be patient and see how things go. Just wanted to update the thread and thank you all for your support.
    Cindy