Thread: PCOS after pregnancy.............

Kirsty77 Guest

Default PCOS after pregnancy.............

Hey girls

I was wondering for those of you who have PCOS and needed clomid to conceive, after you had a baby did you need clomid again to conceive or did your body sort itself out?We are looking at TTC again in february next year and because I needed clomid before I'm hoping that I won't this time.Has anyone conceived naturally?

Kirsty,

I concieved our DD naturally after 5 mths TTC, I didnt know I had PCOS even though now looking back I did have some of the symptoms.

I only found out I had PCOS after TTC for 1 1/2 yr now up to 2yrs. I am on my 2nd cycle of clomid and hoping we get a big BFP soon.

So it is possible to concieve naturally. We did it the other way around I dont know if this would be different at all.

All the best for Feb, you might want to talk to your dr about your options. Like how long you should try by yourself before you go back to clomid.

Love

I'm the same as Helen. We conceived Paris naturally after stopping the pill. And then with Seth it took us 2 yrs and 2 miscarriages before we conceived him and he stuck around. I think it can happen, but its more likely if you go straight onto the pill, or if you ttc soon after birth. As from my understandings thats when you are most fertile. Although that too depends on the person.

Goodluck!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Kirsty77 Guest

thnk you so much ladies..........you've given me hope...........

belmarks Guest

Hi Kirsty, thank you for asking this question, it was something that I was wondering about too. It took us a VERY long time to get Coby and we are keen to start again soon, even though he's only little. I think we are both in a rush because of how long it took us last time and we aren't getting any younger either I suppose, so I am hoping that a miracle happens for us too.

I didn't go back on the pill after having Coby and we have been BDing without any protection, I've been breast feeding up until about 3 weeks ago, so Im hoping that something will happen for us and we don't have to jump back on the IVF rollercoaster - its a rough ride!! :shock:

I have heard of instances where pregnancy has corrected hormonal imbalances - I hope this happens for you and you get your wish of a healthy bub soon (me too...he he he)