Thread: pcos question

redmoon Guest

Default pcos question

hello, girls!

obviously new in this topic. i've been quite active though in the ttc after m/c. i just dropped by to ask you guys some questions as to the symptoms of pcos.

my case started early last year when my DH and i decided to have a baby after 1 year of blissful marriage. but strangely enough, i couldn't get pg. this is quite unusual since i've always believed i wouldn't have any problems since my mom gave birth to 15 of us brothers and sisters and 5 of my sisters got pregnant with no problem at all. so i was recommended to a fertility doctor who took several tests and concluded that i have a blockage in my right fallopian tube, uterus had an unusual bean shape and polycystic ovary syndrome (no cysts found but didn't see active follicles a few days before supposed ovulation). since this doc wanted me to go through an operation to remove blockage, i decided to get a 2nd opinion and met my current ob. she's advised me not to go through the procedure and just resolve first my pcos and so i started on clomid. i immediately got pregnant the first month and even found out i had twins but the babies stopped growing at 9 weeks so i went for d&C last march 23.

my dh and i are now ttc but i'm worried about my pcos. i never really took time to learn about this before cuz i got pg anyway. all i know from my doc was that my eggs werent coming out or maturing despite my very regular 32-day cycle (on the dot). i didn't have any cramps before m/c but my last 2 cycles were hellish! i'm more than average hairy in my belly but other than that, i don't have any other symptoms. i'm worried about the gestational diabetes and other stuff i've been reading here and would like to know more about pcos and how it could affect our ttc.

i read in other websites but can't seem to understand everything. i'm a little overweight and borderline in sugar level. why then do i have pcos if i don't have any cysts? is this essential to pcos? or did my doc make a mistake and i don't have pcos at all?

hope you can help me here.

Have you had any tests done? I have heard some women can have PCOS without cystic ovaries, and some women can have PCOS and still be quite thin. I would think that if your Dr has done tests and came to this conclusion then you more than likely do have PCOS. Have they tested hormone levels?

If you are concerned about being misdiagnosed I would suggest going to see a second Dr and getting another opinion as I have heard of people being misdiagnosed before.

Goodluck and keep us posted.

*hugs*
    Cailin

redmoon Guest

thanks, cailin!

i will do that. weird though cuz the doctor who wrote pcos in my report and took my u/s was supposedly the best in our place. what kind of tests should be taken to see that i do / don't have pcos?

thanks,

Insulin resistance test, Ultrasound (often poly cystic ovaries look like swiss cheese LOL), hormone tests to check progesterone and testosterone. Thats all I had done but I think there may be more, I am not sure.

Goodluck!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Hey all,

Well i have PCOS and i never even knew i had it, didnt even know it existed up until i went to see my doctor about getting put on the pill and having irregular periods. I had a blood test done and it came up positive that i did have PCOS. I was diagnosed with it about a year ago. i also fell pregnant after only one attempt and am now in my 18th week.