Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PCOS Support

aimes_08 Guest

hi girls

my name is ami im 21 and was diagnosed with pcos when i was 13 i never tried chlorim or anything my gyneo put me on a few different types of the pill but they all made me sick then her brilliant idea of just keeping an eye on my ovaries and hopefully it will jus go away cause of my age theory didnt work and on my 16th birthday cysts started to burst. I dont wish that on anyone cause its bloody painful lol

I was always told i wouldnt be able to concieve as the hospital would always just give me painkillers and send me home when the cysts burst and lter on i found out that the fluid inside the cysts can scare you to stop you from having children
    but less about the scary stuff i proved the doctors wrong and fell pregnant.

hollye- my emotions were the same as yours except i bought 2twin packs of tests cause i thought the first twipack was lying to me. then when the doctor confirmed it i was happy and crying

Angelzz- when i first found out i was scared to and kept asking why my body but then i realised (and im sorry if this offends some) there are people out there worse off than me at least i can still live basically a normal life i have all my friends and do everyday things that i have always doneand thats when i stopped being scared about pcos i saw it as a growing step for me, and knowing that i had it and the obstacles it decided to throw me i grew stronger a a person, but just remember you do have control over your body cause you can still do everything you have always done im not toure about the chinese herbal stuff but one good piece of advice i could give you would be DONT STRESS i fell preg and miscarried and then we tried again but i was stressing about trying to fall preg and i tink thats why i didnt but then we moved away and stopped thinking about it and it came naturally so big thing DONT STRESS LOL

Neane- Morning sickness that lasts all day? i hear ya hunni
    my partner owns a family business that does interstate truck driving from perth -sydney/melbourne and when we first found out i was preg i was ihe truck with him for 2 weeks and had the worst sickness i could only live on vegemite toast and crackers. Have you tried drinking salvital? you can get it from the supermarket it tastes a bit odd but it replensihes your body of all of the salts and sugars it has lost.

Hope all you girls are going really well in your pregnancy's

~Aimes~

aimes_08 Guest

oh also hollye yeah ur doc is right the pcos gets basically cancelled out by the baby while your preg lol sounds wierd but true at least its one less thing to stress about during the pregnancy

hey ami, and welcome.

First congrats on ur preg..not to long to wait now. Im pretty nervous about this pregnancy. I just can not wait till i get to 12 weeks. Now that im in week 7 im spending most of the day in bed coz of the m/s. i have no energy and just feel yuk.
    Anyway welcome to our little group and take care..xoxo

aimes_08 Guest

im spending most of my days in bed to lol catching up on the sleep as ill be missng out on full nights sleep very shortly lol

thanks for the welcoming

Red face

Hi everyone, welcome aime and congrats on our preg. Sorry I have been off line for awhile, the all day sickness is yucky i had a real bad night at work the other night and was lucky that the girls i work with covered for me as every half hour i had to have serious discussions with the ladies room but i figured out if i just keep eating small amounts all the time i can just manage and fruit tingles great for burping as well as fizzy drinks!! well two weeks to go and i have my next scan yeah

laura walker Guest

hi i am new and in need of support, i have pco but not the s, i have known for 3 years but have only been trying to get pregers for 1 year with no luck, i am on metformin and about to be refered to the fertility clinic, i struggle every day and feel no one understands because the only person i know that has pco is my sister and she has two children!! it also seems that at the moment everyone i know is getting pregnant and although i am pleased for them it just makes me cry and i struggle when i have to have contact with babys because it makes my heart ache so much i cant bare it, why is life so cruel????

hey,

welcome.. I also have pcos ( dont think adding the "s" is a huge difference). I was TTC for 2 years with no luck, so dont worry your not alone. I tried metformin but nothing happened for me. So my gyno put me on clomid and i started a weight loss program and lost 11 kilos and on my first cycle of clomid i got pregnant. Please dont be scared about having pcos, we are all here to help you as much as possible.

I understand where ur coming from when u say u cry when u hear all the people around u are pregnant. I always felt like i had failed, why wasnt i able to do the normal fall preg thing like everyone around me??? But the truth is, u can, and the more determination u have the better chance.

How was ur polycystic ovaries discovered? is metformin the only thing ur on???

Take care and sending you lots and lots and lots of

laura walker Guest

Angry

Hi Hollye thankyou for replying, when i say i dont the the s i mean the syndrome, i dont have any of of other things that go with pco like hair and weight gain,
    the reason it was discovered is by my reflexolagist, deep down i always new something was wrong with me and when i was young i always told people i didnt want children, so anyway i decided to have reflexology instead of a massage one day and she told me i had something wrong with my right overie so i went to my doctor who sent me for a scan and the rest is history!!!!!!!!!!!!, can i ask you if you ever had any bleeding because my period was a week and a half over due i did a test and it was negative, but the other night me and my partner made love ( sorry ) and after loads of blood poured out ( sorry again ) much more than period blood,.

hey

no pcos has not ever made me bleed more than usual. Was there any pain??? i think you should go and see your doctor and ask him/her what it could be. U can never be too sure with pcos. The only real thing i experienced with pcos is a little pain in my right ovary after sex but the doc told me that it was ok, its just my right ovary is quite overloaded with dud follicles etc. have u ever thought u may have endo too?????

let me know what happens.

Talking

Hi Laura
    I was also diagnosed with PCOS last year. I know what you mean about getting so stressed when your friends or people around you are getting pregnant and you aren't sure if you can conceive. Although we haven't started trying yet, I know that I'm not ovulating, so am bound to get into a bit of trouble...
    I guess the thing is to make sure that you don't ever give up hope. My sister also has PCOS (and Endo) and she gave birth to twins and another little one. I'm keeping my hopes high and my fingers crossed that when I'm ready later on in the year I'll also be able to conceive.
    Not sure about the blood- would suggest you see your GP or Gyno about that- I found out I had PCOC because I had quite a bit of pain in my side...

Hi All

I usually hang out in the LTTTC and LTTTC Assisted Conception but thought I would come in here.

I have been told that I am slightly PCOS (but not actually diagnosed) so whatever that means. Because I ovulate each month, have a regular cycle and am in my healthy weight range. But I just had first IVF stim cycle and did overstim (as you can with PCOS) even with low dosages but got heaps of good eggies. Now I am waiting for FET and will be medicated cycle because of slight PCOS.

So, my experience is that the more I find out about PCOS the less I actually understand it???

Any thoughts/comments/suggestions welcome!

Smile Hey Girls!!

Hi everyone welcome to all the newby's how is everyone going, I have to agree pcos is confusing there is alot of conflicting information out there and everyone is so different. I also have pcos the good news is as you can see with some help i am pregnant It is really hard when you start trying to concieve because the people around you expect you to fall pregnant instantly or you have friends that sneeze and oops there pregnant. You will get there But most importantly I hope everyone had a happy and safe Easter

hey girls,

just wanted to see how everyones going???

im doing well, bub seems to be going well too!!!

hope to hear from u all soon xoxoxoxo

Wink Hey girls

Hi everyone well it's official i had my ten week scan and it has arms and legs and the way it was laying in the scan i told my it was just like he sleeps, does anyone have an inkling as to what they are having. Everyone i meet seem to know straight away by instinct what they are having, is there something wrong with me that i don't know and more importantly i just want a happy and healthy baby.
    Anyhoo Hormones ladies i tell ya I was watching that movie on friday night called Ai and started over the little robotic teddy bear stitching itself up and then cried even more when the little robotic boy finally got his wish to have his human mum for one day and in the end the poor little robotic teddy bear got left all alone. I have watched this movie a few times over the last few years just for something to do and never have i got emotional over it. Then my and i were at the fish n chip shop last night waiting for our food to be cooked and i was reading a magazine and this really sad story was in it of course i had to stop reading because i was about to burst into tears again OMG
    So ladies everything is good now but how are you all going neane.

hey neane,

u had ur 10 week scan?? aww ur so lucky. im glad it has arms and legs
    I dont have my first scan till the 16th April. Yeh i know what u mean about getting emotional. I cried at the simpsons the other nite, the episode when lisa saxaphone gets crushed and homer buys a new one instead of an aircon. Yeh i cried pretty much through the whole thing and i have nooooo idea why lol. it wasnt even sad lol.

Anyway everything seems to be going ok with me and bub. Nothing new to report really, its just a waiting game...
    take care xoxox

Default I ovulated.... I think... haha

Hi Ladies, I did some research about some natural therapies etc to help me "O". For my last cycle I took: Vitex, Donq Quai, Evening Primrose Oil, a multi vitamin and I drank grapefruit juice everyday... Well, I tracked my BBT on the FF site and I also used an OPK and it all showed I ovulated on CD 18- so just sharing some excitement... I dont plan on starting to try for a few months, but it's great to know there are some natural alternatives out there, which might help....

yay angel welldone

hows is everyone?

Default Pcos And Weight.

Hi All,just Wanted To Say Ive Been Mostly Over Weight All Of My Adult Life And Was Told If I Didnt Lose It I Would Have Trouble Falling Pregnant,my Gp Diagnose Me With Pcos,after One Blood Test,not Sure This Told Him Much Had No Other Symptons That Fit The Diagnoses For This Condition,except My Weight,anyway,iam Now 35 Years Old And Have Had 5 Lovely Children With No Help What So Ever In Trying To Conceive ,i Think Doctors Get Things Wrong And Are Very Quick To Blame Weight For Everything Little Problem Us Women May Have,i Believe In Whats Meant To Be Will Be If Not Just Keep Trying!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast