Thread: PCOS & TTC Naturally

Default PCOS & TTC Naturally

Hello girls :wave:

I have PCOS, and it tooks us 23 looong months TTC to conceive our baby!

The thing is, treatment in the UK is a long process due to waiting lists and the GP won't prescribe Clomid because apparently this needs to be done at the hospital where they can scan you regularly during the treatment. (NHS waiting lists ](*,) )

Anyway, my question is - does PCOS get better after you've had a child? I've heard that once you get pregnant, that the hormones get rid of most polycystic ovaries naturally and so it's easier TTC than the first time.

Is this true? Just wondering what other people's experiences are of dealing with and TTC with PCOS naturally!

(Hope this post makes sense!)

Love Gwen xx

For me it was quite the opposite, my PCOS was no where near as bad as it is now. However I was on the pill from the moment they found me to have PCOS to the month before I conceived and they have told me that this was why my PCOS didn't progress to the level its at now.

I am sure everyone's different though and its a personal thing.

My biggest mistake was not going on the pill straight after birth, and I will be sure to do that this time and then start trying as soon as I go off it, as last time I went off it for 6 mths then started TTC and my PCOS had gone mental by that time.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Thanks for the info Cailin!

The first time I became preg I had just come off the pill too, but I miscarried. It all makes sense now.

So, straight after the birth the pill is probably a good bet? I am always a bit worried about going back on the pill for some reason. 8-[

Sal Guest

Hi Gwen, I've read that PCOS symptoms can go for some women after pregnancy (but note the underlying abnormality that we suffer doesn't go) but that PCOS can get much worse, too, possibly the result of weight gain during pg.

When and if I ever fall pg, I'm pretty sure I won't go on the pill straight after birth, because if there is any chance whatsoever of falling pg, I'd take it straight away! But if you have the time and want a gap between babies, then the pill is recommended to subdue PCOS symptoms.