Thread: Possibly just a cyst, Dr fearing worse...

Default Possibly just a cyst, Dr fearing worse...

Hi Girls,

I'm sitting here this morning after a night of oh, about 3 minutes sleep. I have a scan booked for 11am this morning to check for cysts or possibly worse. The Dr didn't like it when I was describing my symptoms.

Of course did the worst thing possible last night and looked on the internet for information. Everything I read was about death, hystorectomies and 'no more kids'.

My symptoms include:
    • An extremely heavy period 3 weeks ago. Noticeably heavier, plus a few days longer. It also started 3 days later than expected.
    • About a week after my period stopped, I spotted again for 3 days
    • 3 Days after that, I spotted again for 24 - 36 hours
    • I've got consistant 'discomfort' across my pelvis/abdomen area. Like really mild period cramps. But they're always there.
    • When I was having my period, I was in a fair amount of pain for a couple of days. One day so bad it hurt to stand up straight.
    • Tired. OMG the tiredness. I actually thought I was pregnant because my main pregnancy issue first time around was that I could sleep 23 hours a day.
    • My Belly has 'popped out' a bit. To the point I've gotten very self concious about it. I 'popped' super early when I was pregnant, so again, thought it was that. It could also be the craptastic diet of McDonalds I've been devouring the past two weeks however. Apparently my hormones are all out of wack, and I'm horrible for junk food when they are. Usually leading up to my period.

I usually always listen to my gut feeling on issues, but it won't get off the bloomin fence at the moment. I shift between "I'm fine, it's nothing" and "omg it's really serious", with a little "you're pregnant, ha ha" thrown in occassionally.

This is doing my head in because the Dr didn't say anything. Just a concerned look and an immediate 'I'm booking you in for an US, don't wait on it". That was last week. Today's the earliest I could get in.

Looking for any reassurance that those symptoms might be a 'nothing' issue. Or, if you think it is something serious, anything I need to know. Like if I'm going to see my daughter grow up...

I am so sorry to hear how worried you are sweetie, I hate when Drs do that - send you off for a test with no idea of what could possibly be wrong. You can't help but have all the worst case scenarios run through your head!

I hope it all turns out ok. Is it possible that you may have had a miscarriage? From your symptoms it sounds like that could be a possibility, and the best way to find out would be through a scan.

I am sure it will be fine sweetie, it could easily just be a strange period, a miscarriage, or, as you say, maybe you are pregnant!

Thinking of you, let us know how you go

hey lovie,

sound slike each of my af's. i hope the outcome is really good and clear. if it is a cyst- it most likely will just go away or burst on it's own,

i agree with bun as well it could be??

please let us know what the outcome is

big hugs

The internet is a godsend sometimes and our worst enemy at others! Researching what is going on can be helpful but not when you have such random, non-specific symptoms as it is only going to give you more questions and concerns than it is going to answer.

I am really sorry to hear that you are going through this Haydies, even if it turns out to be 'nothing' this waiting time is a real stress.

I don't think I can offer any help or advice except to add more of the maybe/could be/or possibilities . I guess what I think is best is to try to keep calm and save all of the concerns etc for when you get more information. (I know, easier said than done!)

FWIW, I am sure that statistics are on your side and it is most likely nothing too serious. I hope you get some answers very soon so that you know what it is you are dealing with, in the meantime immerse yourself in the delight and love of your DD I am sure that she will distract you from any possible stress.

Oh Haydies . I had this last year when I found a lump in my breast and the doc sent me off for an US immediately. I waited a week, wondering the whole time if I had cancer and what my future held.

I sincerely hope that all is well for you, and the chances are that you will be just fine. But in the meantime, big huge hugs for you, and I hope the time doesn't drag too slowly until you get the all clear.

how did it go m??

hope everything is okay

Thankyou girls for your responses.

Back home and ALL IS CLEAR!! So far anyway. Had the scan done and the lady, who was absolutely lovely, had no problem with the fact I didn't stop talking due to nerves, told her every symptom under the sun and kept asking if I was ok. LOL.

Ovaries looks good, uterus looks good. She checked my right ovary which I didn't even feel, when she was checking the left though it was quite painful. No cysts, no fybroids and no growths that she could see. No ectopic pregnancy, although she couldn't be sure if it was a miscarriage as if it was, it's all gone now. That said, I took a pregnancy test when the first lot of spotting came and it was negative, so don't know..

Oh yeah, not pregnant hehe.

So far she said that she could see no reason for the pain and/or bleeding. She also checked my kidneys (I learnt where they are today!), but said they look fine too. I have to go back to the Dr's to find out any other info and try to work out why I'm in pain and why I've spotted basically all month. My AF is due in 5 days and I feel like I've not stopped wearing pads or liners all month.

No idea what's wrong, but have a huge sense of relief it's nothing that will stop me seeing Savannah growing up. Gorgeous DH tool me across to the shopping center opposite the scan place for lunch (Hungry Jacks lol) and a spot of shopping. DD now has new pants, a new top and this awesome fun googly ball. But I technically still got to do the 'shopping' part so it was win-win. He's so gorgeous, espcially since we can't really afford it.

Now to just find out what is happening. DH's concerned that it could still be something serious but just not localised to that area. No idea where my different parts are around there (appendix, what have you) so got no idea what to think of...

Should be seeing the Dr later this week or early next week...

Soooo good to hear!

Now you really can enjoy your beautiful family with a whole new appreciation.

Wahoo so glad for you . What a relief! Your DH sounds wonderful. Hopefully you get some answers from your GP soon.

that is sooooooo great!!

Phew, what a relief! Glad to hear it.