Thread: Progesterone/Creighton Model

aw Guest

Default Progesterone/Creighton Model

Hi ladies

I was just wondering if anyone here is using Progesterone and/or the Creighton Model for charting? I think Creighton is pretty similar to the Billings Method.

Thanks

AW

Cat81 Guest

Hi Aw,
    I have never heard of those methods. Maybe you could tell me a bit?

aw Guest

Hey Cat

Well the progesterone I take because I don't produce enough of it. Your AF would normally come on after the level of Prog in your body peaks. Since I don't produce enough of it, I have to take synthetic stuff to give it all a kick along. My doc is hoping that it will 'train' my body into producing it's own once again. It's in this little lozenge that you have to disclove between your top gum and inside of your cheek twice a day for ten days. About 2 or 3 days after the ten AF will come, unless of course your are PG.

I don't really know much about Billings Method, but I have heard that it works on the same principles as the Creighton Model, which my doc also has me doing. It's a bit more details, and this might sound a bit gross to some!, but bascially you keep an eye on the type of mucus that is produced (ie - you would see it when you wipe) and the type of mucus tells you if you are ovulating or not.

I've only been doing it for about 6 weeks so I'm not real good at it yet, I mostly keep forgetting to look!

What I have to do is wait until the mucus is gone, plus three days, then take 10 days of Prog. The trouble of course is having the PCOS, which means ovulations can be few and far betweens. I guess that is where Clomid would come in, but I'm not on that yet so I don't know.

I don't think I have ovulated yet, so I can't really tell you much more!!! When first diagnosed I took 10 days of prog straight away to bring on AF as the doc wanted to do some blood tests that I needed to be in day 3 - 7 for. I hadn't had one for 8 months and it was pretty horrific, very crampy and very very heavy. Yucko!! I will go on prog either way (ie seen mucus or not) at the end of this week again.

Did I make sense? I tend to write as I think and it's not always too coherent!!

Cheers

AW

aw Guest

Hey again Cat, I don't know if I am allowed to put links on here?????

Check out http://www.creightonmodel.com/

Cheers

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Hello aw - just to let you know, support and information links are okay, it's just commercial links that require permission.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

aw Guest

Thanks Kelly!

Cat81 Guest

thanks aw,
    Now that you describe it a bit, i think i have heard of it before. That sux about the AF after 8 months. Myself i am due to see my endo in 2 weeks to start Clomid. since coming off the pill in june 2003, i had regular periods on my own and tests revealed ovulation. However, the past two cycles have been irregular. This one i'm up to day 50 - something and still no AF. I have done 2 hpt and both neg, so i don't know whats going on. Thanks again for the info.