Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Public vs. Private hospital

bmuseful Guest

Ahhh ok cool! well they said September and I have waited one month already so it should be here before I know it.

HI,
    I have had had a few lap for endo and before we had a private HF i would normally only have to wait a 4-6 weeks to go public, not paying a cent. The last one i had was covered by our PHF (NIB) and all i had to pay was hospital excess (through fund) for a private hospital. My gyno is on a list of some sort that is fully covered for certain procedures through my health fund. So i guess if you have a gyn/ob affiliated with your fund it would be cheaper.

Kas

bmuseful Guest

Well my public waiting list wait is over! I got a call this morning that the morning of Friday the 5th August is available. I got the OK for leave from work for the Friday, girls how many days will I need to recover?

I had ovarian drilling and a lap done.
    I was really sore the next day but was feeling so much better the next.
    Pushing it you should be right monday but maybe an extra day would be a good idea.

Default reply

I know the $ are huge aren't they! I've had 9 of them all up!!!!!! expensive aren't we-us ladies and our problems.

Cass Guest

I too was sore the day after - So I would suggest that you plan nothing for the Saturday and take it easy on the Sunday. Leave the door open for Monday!

I only have one other thought - have you got someone to look after you for that time??

bmuseful Guest

Hmmmm mostly! hubby is picking me up afterwards and will be with me all that day and night, he might have to work a bit the day after though?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12