Thread: Rollercoaster ride

Default Rollercoaster ride

Hi All

I have been thinking last night amd today I hope I am strong enough for this rollercoaster ride that is TTC with PCOS.
    I have gotten the results back from my first 21 day blood test... the woman at the Dr told me the results were 2.5.... I dont knwo exactly what that means (can anyone help me with that???) but I do think that it means I didnt O.
    I wasnt very confident this month being my first month on metformin and I had an issue wihch meant I was taken off it for a week 3 days after starting, but it doesnt make it any easier to hear....
    So now I have to sit and wait until I get a visit from AF and then will have a full cucly on metformin.. maybe that will be a better result!!! But who know when that would be... my Dr said the metformin should bring my cycle back to around 28 days... but that is in 2 days time and I havent got any signs, which I normally have for about a week before.... but I also dont know if the signs for AF will be the same when I am on metformin.
    My emotions have been so up and down and back around over the last few months and I think I am going insane!!!
    You try so hard to be positive and stay calm.... I just dont know how to do this at the moment.... does it get any easier?????

Sorry for the long post, thankyou to all those who got this far to the end of it!!!!

snowflake Guest

Sorry I'm unable to offer any assistance, hope you are feeling better now :flower:

As I'm sure you know from my other post I've never done any of this at all, but I just wanted to say that I hope your feeling better, and strong and hang in there. I don't want to offend by being to religious, but my mum has always told me that god will never give me more than I can handle

She also says "that which doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger"- not as religious!

I find that whenever I feel like I something is winning or i'm 'drowning' in a situation these thoughts make me feel better...

Take care
    Cazz

Jen you are strong enough.
    I have been riding the rollercoaster for nearly 17months and I still have good days and bad days.
    When I have bad days I try and remind myself that at least I have a diagnosis. My sister has the dreaded "unexplained infertility" and it meant for her that she questioned everything including her relationship. We have the benefit of knowing what is causing our infertility and being able to find ways to treat it.
    By the way my sister now has 12month old twin boys thanks to IVF (1st attempt) so they too are a reminder for me that I can get there.
    I am not on metformin so can't help you directly with those queries. Hope this helps and remember you are not alone.

Thanx guys!!!

I am feeling better about things at the moment AF has arrived (I knly had to wait 50 days so I dont know what I was so worried about!!!!)
    I do feel kinda silly gettng so worked up over everything, I have only been trying nearly 12 months and have only known about my PCOS for about 3 months...
    I guess I am starting to get over the initial shock of it all....
    And you are right Shez, at least we DO know what the problem is and ther ARE treatments available.

Thankyou all for being so nice!!
    Have a loveley weekend everybody

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Jenny

Your situation sounds sooo familar.We were trying for over 12 months as well and by the time I conceived(with clomid)I had only been diagnosed with PCOS for about 4 months.It took me a good couple of months to come to terms with it, and asking the BB girls heaps of questions about PCOS and realising that its NOT the end of the world helped heaps.DH never really understood why it took me so long to come to terms with it.But I guess it was the fact that there was something wrong with me, that I thought I wasn't 'normal'.

Realise that your not alone.You will get pregnant eventually.Many girls here on BB have conceived on Metformin and clomid.Goolduck...........

alanah025 Guest

hi all this is my first time here...

Jenny you poor hun ... My heart goes out to you , Because i know EXACTLY what your going through ](*,) ! and because pcos is a bit of a mixed bag...but we have to remember other PCOS women have done it ...and bloody hell SO CAN WE !! [-X

So chin up hun and if your ever feeling down, know that someone else is going through it too and your not alone !
    Pcos sufferers have a great support network all over the place!! [-o<

Best of luck too ALL ttc pcos women ... i'm just about to start metformin for the first time and i'm hoping it brings on my monthly's for the first time this year !! wish me luck and feel free to add me on msn or email

Baby sprinkles to all
    Lana xxx O

Kirsty77 Guest

Goodluck Lana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \/

Kirsty77 Guest

OOPS and welcome to BB

alanah025 Guest

\/ lol Thanks Kristy !!! im glad i stumbled upon this site ... it's good to have somewhere to vent your frustration and talk with other girls who are going through the same thing

alanah025 Guest

\/ oh and a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you too kristy on little Gemma ... How exciting!!!