Thread: Will be starting on Clomid

Default Will be starting on Clomid

Hi, I have just been diagnosed with PCOS. I'm OK with it as it is nice to finally know what's wrong. The doctor is going to put me on Clomid. He has said that bring on Clomid increases the chance of twins, has this happened to anyone? (Not that I would mind).

Also are there any side effects??

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Kat

Iwas also diagnosed with pcos while ttc.I was on it for 2 cycles and fell pregnant!!!The side effects for me was basically PMS big time!My progesterone level before going on clomid was only 2 so suddenly having hormones again made me emotional,really emotional.I also had really bad hot flushes!Apart from that it worked a treat.

i wish you loads of luck and hopefully you get to hold your bubba in your arms soon.............

Oohh - best of luck Kat. I'm in the same situation you are ... just waiting for AF to arrive to start Clomid (and a recent PCOS diagnosis). My OB told me the rate of twins with Clomid is about 10%. I'd be thrilled with twins ...

I hope you don't get too many nasty side effects. dust:

I'm a success story YAY! I have PCOS and it took us 2 yrs to conceive this little bubba we were put on Clomid & Metformin around 9 mths before conception of this little one, and I had a few ups and downs but its all worked out in the end! When it comes to side effects I did find I was more emotional and I did get strong pregnancy symptoms when ovulating. We conceived 3 times out of 7 Clomid cycles sadly we lost two bubbas but once I went onto asprin all was fine. And the main reason we didn't conceive on the other 4 was due to not being able to BD at the right time LOL! So I found clomid to be very effective.

Goodluck! Hopefully you get your BFP very soon!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Hey Kat,

There's some info about Clomid HERE.

Good luck!!

Default Thank you

A big thank you to Kirsty77, Inspiration, Cailin & Angel =D>

I found your experiences very helpful. Never thought I'd say this but I'm looking forward to AF so I can start Clomid.

Here's abit of :bdust: for those of us who are still waiting.

Default Re: Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by charmedkat
    Never thought I'd say this but I'm looking forward to AF so I can start Clomid.
    Me too :smt039 I never thought I'd say it either lol.