thread: Dissidence, advocacy, activism - do you stick it to the man?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    May 2007
    3,341

    . I'd rather inform people, who might inform other people. Doesn't seem so dumb to me.
    I understand what you are trying to do leasha
    but perhaps do a information morning at your community centre - write a letter to the local paper, start a public debate on a radio show.

    these are much more productive than a post it note you have no idea if it will even be there 2 secs after you walk away

    As for cows milk - the effects of cows milk on my DD was terrible and i didnt like the fact i was encouraged to only give it. i used toddler milk and my bub tolerated it much more than cows milk. so it isnt that bad!

  2. #2
    2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    May 2007
    Brisbane
    5,310

    Information morning - no point. The people I want to target aren't going to go to that, because they think they are already informed... by the companies...

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jan 2009
    hiding under my desk!
    1,432

    Leasha do you mean all the information that formula companies puts out isnt true???

    unfortunatly there are some people that will never understand this tripe that is pushed down our throats goes further then just our little world..
    but every EXTRA person we get to see these unethical actions by big companies means one more fighting the good fight!

  4. #4
    Lucy in the sky with diamonds.

    Jan 2005
    Funky Town, Vic
    7,070

    And yes I do take responsibility for what I do and answer to my actions.

    I took full responsibility for defacing the church sign to the news crew that turned up. The deal was I would remove the graffiti myself if they would remove the offending sign.

    And I left my details with the resort manager so we could discuss the situation which DID change the fish feeding practice (as far as I know), and educated him in the process.

    I also advocated change with my local council so young mothers in my area had their own support groups and continue to support these groups 16 years later.

    BUT I have found the best way to change is to speak to the individual, get them to think beyond the rhetoric and marketing bollocks that seems all too easy to swallow.

    So thanks PP for your concern that our voices won't be heard - I'm pretty sure I have a handle on it.