When we were about to have DS and DP was still working on me not to use sposies full time (and the recycling service that soon after went bust anyway!), he did quite a search about the claims of these companies and found that every article that was supposed to be factual and unbiased was either sponsored by Kimberley-Clarke or produced by them. That was it for me - the 'it works out to have less environmental impact than cloth nappies' line turned out to be just spin and very, very skewed...not even balanced, because it forgets to mention the water used to produce sposies (as well as other paper products like tissues).
So, outside of pregnancy and post-birth, I opt for recycled paper, preferably in recycled paper packaging, not the plastic wrap. I like the Quilton, too
I use the Aldi tissues and have a box of Kleenex at home because I hadn't been on an Aldi shop for ages and the local Foodworks had little left on shelves.
Bookmarks