Thread: Feeling a MILLION bucks in OP SHOP threads!

Default Feeling a MILLION bucks in OP SHOP threads!

I have always been an op-shopper and even though I do buy regular priced clothes every now and then, invariably my op-shop one-offs become my favourite pieces of clothes.

I went out last night looking a million dollars in head to toe op-shop gear all for around $15. My dark blue denim Lee skinny jeans that are so NOW its not funny that I picked up last week for $5, my leopard print ballet flats $5, my bottle green biased cut velvet jacket for another $5 and I just felt great! And I'm saving the planet.

Today I'm wearing a singlet and top that I picked up op-shopping as well. I just love getting good quality clothes at a fraction of the cost of buying them retail and I feel like I'm not contributing to the mass production of disposable clothes that end up in land fill. (Although I do buy staples each year like long sleeve tops & t-shirts that I wear to death from Myers so I'm not as recycled as I could be).

What are your favourite pieces that you have discovered op-shopping and is op-shopping the bulk of your wardrobe? Tell me about how you op-shop

I need to find some good op shops. The ones near me are Really dogdy!

Don't op shop, though I do the responsible thing and send my clothes to them that I don't want anymore. I can't imagine wearing pre loved shoes though - clothes yes, but shoes, no.

i have an AWESOME pair of tony bianco boots i scored for 8 bucks i get coments every time i wear them

One of my fave pieces of clothing is a big blue lambswool jumper that I bought about 8 years ago from vinnies........... for $4!!

DD1 has an awesome fully lined wool Mossimo coat that my mum picked up for $8.

Mum scored a Le Crueset skillet pan for $3, NEW. ROCK ON.

The list goes on !

I have way too many oppy clothes to pick a fave, but my Deb dress came from an op shop 10 years ago!
    I very rarely shop anywhere else. Birthdays & christmas's only!

i saw a pair of Tsubi jeans last week, bummer they were size 8. I picked up a pair of Roxy ones and some Jag ones though. Op shopping here is awesome!

about 90% of mine & the kids clothes are from op shops.

DS has a heap of Billabong & Quiksilver clothing... there's NO WAY I would ever pay retail for those brands!! I got them all for about $3 each but the Quiksilver hoodie was $7. All good as new so once he outgrows them they will be handed down to my nephew who is a year younger than DS

DD has got some great DVD's ($1 each) & dress ups as well as lots of great clothes too.

I got a pair of jeans a few months ago that have a tummy sucking in thing at the front (not maternity) its like the underwear that gives you shape but in jeans. I've had heaps of comments that I must have lost weight when I've worn them which is great & they only cost me $2!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ~breeze~ View Post
    I got a pair of jeans a few months ago that have a tummy sucking in thing at the front (not maternity) its like the underwear that gives you shape but in jeans. I've had heaps of comments that I must have lost weight when I've worn them which is great & they only cost me $2!!!!!!!!
    BARGAIN!!! They sound awesome Breeze!! Gotta love it when you find a piece from the oppy that really works and becomes your feel good clothes!!

Another opshopoholic here!!!! Love it love it love it!!!!!

I have quite a lot of shoes from oppy shops - my favorite pair of boots is from the op shop... I have them in being reshod (the heel bit ) they are italian with leather soles etc... Gorgeous op shop bargain at $8 & have lasted me 2 years so far!!!

My kids have lots of op shop clothes - I am finding it harder and harder though it's best to find out when delivery day is as you can get some fabbo stuff then!

If it's anything like our local op shop, the old ducks who run it (voluntarily I will give them that) help themselves to the best pickings before it ever goes out.

I have afew dresses & jackets that I love, but I also by stuff in colours or prints I like that are too big, to pull apart & make something else with

I have a great op shop near me and I have some really nice dresses all under $5. I love it as sometimes I can't find what I want because it is no longer in 'fashion' but I can find it an op shop.

I love buyng op shop shoes! especially leather ones as they are so comfortable and already worn in!

I have about 3 velvet jackets from the 70's that cost me about $5 each, my fave jackets! blue, red and green.

I never find good stuff in my size in op shops but a friend of mine gets the most awesome clothes for herself and her family.

Default Feeling a MILLION bucks in OP SHOP threads!

I don't always find a lot that fits me being a 16, but last week I popped into the op shop to pass some time while waiting for someone and found the exact style and colour winter coat Ive been saving for, in my size for $20 - table eight wool cashmere blend and to top it off scored a brand new milleni leather handbag for $4

I lived in op shop gear at uni but never thought I'd be able to get work clothes I liked in my size - I'm rapt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    I don't always find a lot that fits me being a 16, but last week I popped into the op shop to pass some time while waiting for someone and found the exact style and colour winter coat Ive been saving for, in my size for $20 - table eight wool cashmere blend and to top it off scored a brand new milleni leather handbag for $4

I lived in op shop gear at uni but never thought I'd be able to get work clothes I liked in my size - I'm rapt.
    SCORE!!! Fantastic Pandora!! I'm thrilled for you!!

Oh wow Pandora what a find!!! That's exciting!