Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you switched yet? Loving my earth friendly clothes washing detergent!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Have you switched yet? Loving my earth friendly clothes washing detergent!

I have to admit I was slow switching my washing detergent, as I react to so many of them, but I was so disturbed at the latest detergent ad on TV using sealife to clean the house with chemicals that I had to swap.

I've gone to Earth's Choice in the Fresh Breeze fragrance and I really like it! I have used an earth friendly one before and didn't like it, so was hesitant, so if you were like me, give that a go and help save our beautiful sea life, especially with the destruction going on in the gulf, we owe them one

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Ive switched a long time due to DD's eczema to ecostore but im finding it very very hard to get at the local supermarket.

Is Earth's Choices good for eczema sufferers as well?

I have just gotten the B_E_E Brand off a naturopath friend and i have found it really good....

we use earthchoice liquid concentrate. seriously it is not only environmentally friendly, but SERIOUS value for money. the instructions say 40ml for a load, but i have found things come up perfect with half that amount

and at $14 it is lasting us at least double what the other stuff (like biozet etc) were.

The earth choice wool wash is great too, & you can use 1/3 to 1/2 less than the bottle says

Thanks Kelly for posting this. like you I am hesitant because my girls and I all react to anything with fragrance. I am interested to hear of other recommendations.

As a side note/question
    My SIL is selling Neways atm and whilst I have used their products before I found them very expensive and I wasn't keen on them not being Australian. Has anyone used the washing powder? Is is ok, it seems extra expensive

I am a soap nut pusher LOL. I really recommend them for clothes and they don't seem to affect people with sensitive skin either.

We use Planet Ark sensitive powder on DD's clothes and MCN's..... but for our clothes we use normal detergents. I'd like to use the Planet stuff for all of our stuff soon.... even though its more expensive it's worth it.

Thanks for this. I've been on the look out for a good earth sensitive washing liquid. I've seen it in the supermarket but have been really hesitant as DD, DS and I all get ezcema. Might have to get it and give it a try. It is economical too. I've been using Purity which has been good but always on the look out for something better/more economical.

DS1 and DH both have eczema and i use Earth Choice liquid concentrate for our front loader. No problems with it - works well enough, good price, no skin irritations.
    Is there a "thumbs up" smilie? Oh, here it is

Is it honestly better than any other stuff out there, or just a lot of good marketing? I find it hard to believe something so cheap has all the good environmentally friendly stuff in it...especially when the other brands like EcoStore etc are so expensive. Not dissing it...I'm just curious

I love all the earth choice products. Sadly they're quite hard to come by up here.

I often mix mine with bicarb so it goes further and I still only use half a scoop. DOes the same job.

Nothing to swap. I've never not considered the planet when it comes to washing.

PLanet Ark powder is actually a bumsteer. Most liquids, like Amolin Sensitive, are actually better for the environment because they have lower sodium levels.

Check out Lanfax Laboratories for the lowdown.

And soap nuts are awesome. I chuck a bit of lavender oil water in with the rinse cycle because I love a nice smell. I use Earth Choice liquid or a woolwash on the really hardcore dirty stuff, like cycling gear, and soapnuts on everything else.

OooOOO i use planet Ark

I have used Earth's Choice for years - seriously cheap, good results in cold water and no reactions from the kids even with newborn washes.

We use Eco store but once thats run out we are using our soap nuts

For some reason I recall Earths choice has sodium Lureal sulphate ????...thats why we dont use it anymore

where do we get soap nuts from? and is this a brand ?

It's a type of berry. google soup nut, there are heaps of online stores that sell them. They're pretty awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast