thread: Next time you landscape your garden, think of the children...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Mar 2004
    Sparta
    12,662

    that's just awful. I had no idea.
    Lots of the rugs from Pakistan and India are made by children. If you want to buy a rug I think it's probably better to get an antique (despite the concern with developing nations selling off thier cultural history and heirlooms) or a machine made one. The ILs gave us a rug for our wedding present - it's beautiful but I don't like it because I always feel anxious about where it came from and who made it.

  2. #2

    Dec 2005
    not with crazy people
    8,023

    I seriously cant get over that! IM in shock...how can people use kids for their own devises...Its one thing to get your kids to do a few chores...but to actually make them work for next to nothing and in those sort of conditions.

    Im pretty disgusted and it makes the little things we all see differently on, here on BB petty in comparison

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Dec 2005
    In Bankworld with Barbara
    14,222

    I know Maz. Some of the families have no choice - they actually travel to this place and they all live on site as well, there are no schools, no hospitals no facilities of any sort. One little boy who they thought was only about 5 said that soon his younger brothers would be working there too

  4. #4

    Dec 2005
    not with crazy people
    8,023

    That jsut makes me realise how dame lucky we are, even though we have a drought going and the 'financial crisis' shiat its nothing.....we can atleast go to centerlink and get financial help...

    Im sitting here looking at my boys and I could cry for those kids....