Thread: medela breast pump swing???

Question medela breast pump swing???

Hi Ladies,

I know this has probably been asked before.. But....

Im looking at getting the Meldela Swing Pump but I really want a double but I cant seem to find the any info on a double other than the ones with a big bag attached to them..

My quesitons are...

Is it really worth getting a double?

and is the double worth getting or do you think the single swing is great on its own???

Thank you in advance.. I'm thinking of getting the swing this afternoon as ToysRus has them on sale for $229..

I love my Medela Swing. I've just returned to work part-time and it's perfect for me. How often do you plan to express?

I noticed that you're in Brisbane. The ABA have a store there so it might be worth hiring one. That way you can work out what you need/want before spending a lot of money.

HTH

I'm planning on using it at least once a day. DD had problems with taking the bottle and i'm making sure i get in early this time around. Plus it would be nice for DH to do a special Daddy feed everyday.

If you are going to be expressing a lot, it is worthwhile to get a good electric pump. Double pumping is helpful but if you are not exclusively expressing it's not necessary.

It is also worth noting that many babies just won't take a bottle regardless of when it's introduced, so getting in early might not be helpful, and can affect getting breastfeeding well established. My first DS drank from a bottle from birth as he couldn't attach, but once his tongue-tie was snipped and he could attach he wouldn't take a bottle at all! With DS2 I started him early for that reason but again he just wouldn't have a bar of it. The good news though is that babies can drink from a cup held to their mouths from birth, and from a sippy or straw cup from about 3 months, so bottles aren't the only "non-breast" option.

Default medela breast pump swing???

The medela swing is fine for once a day. I used it full time for a while after I returned the one I hired.

Default medela breast pump swing???

I used a medela swing three times a day for four months when I went back to work and it was fine

Awesome ladies!! Thank you for your advise.. Im going to go and get the swing today.. Im excited now.. I know sad right.. lol

Eng I'm using the Medela Swing and I'm exclusively expressing for my DD in NICU. Have been for almost 50 days now, so its getting a workout! Its been great, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to you. I *thought* I would prefer a double kit too but couldn't bring myself to spend the money but I'm glad I've got the single. Means I can keep one hand free to read, eat, drink a cuppa, entertain DS while I pump. If I'm at the hossy I double pump with their pumps but at home its been great.