Thread: Children's Bedroom Furniture - Sydney

Question Children's Bedroom Furniture - Sydney

Hi everyone,

Firstly a big sorry to the mods as I looked around and really didn't know where to put this thread, please feel free to move it where its appropriate.

I'm on the hunt for some good quality bedroom furniture for kids who share a room - my son and daughter are 4 and 5 years old so I need something that's going to look good for the same room. I'm in Parramatta, in Sydney so something in that area would be really good.

Realistically I'm looking at paying $1000 for frame and mattress, possibly bedside tables. I don't want to buy a bunk bed as I'd like them to use the same bed in separate bedrooms down the track? If anyone has advice or suggestions please post away.

Thanks so much.

*bump*

We brought the same timber beds for all 3 of our older kids - 1 DS and 2 DD's. They are just a walnut coloured timber slat bed and they cost us $500 each as a package deal with the matress (innerspring) and pillow, doona and cover and a flat sheet. If you did that and just brought the same beds, you can use co-ordinating linen to go with it.

Thanks Sherie, where did you purchase it from?

It was just from an independent retailer. Depending on what your taste is, you could check out IKEA, Harvey Norman, Sleep Doctor, Forty Winks etc - there are heaps of different places you could try.

Ok thanks - to be honest I didn't like what I saw at Harvey Norman, felt it was overpriced for the quality and they didn't have the mattress included. I'll check out Forty Winks - Ikea have the Malm bed which was not bad either. Haven't heard of Sleep Doctor though, I'll google it and see what I can find.

I'm not into Fantastic Furntiure, I'd rather pay 100 extra instead of paying double in 6 months time, I've never heard a good story about them

bump

what about bunkers?
    Bunkers - solutions in furniture

they have a wide range with lots of great space saving ideas.

Lots of their stuff is interchangable so you can buy a bed and then choose between an underbed trundle or drawers or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by dachlostar View Post
    what about bunkers?
    Bunkers - solutions in furniture

they have a wide range with lots of great space saving ideas.

Lots of their stuff is interchangable so you can buy a bed and then choose between an underbed trundle or drawers or nothing.

Hi Chloe

I took a look at that site - I'm still not sure what to do to be honest. I'm trying to think about the practicality of it but at the same time in the future I'd like them to have separate rooms to. The Captains Bunks are fantastic! I'll pop down to the store to take a look.

My daughter is going through a really girly stage at the moment - its all flowers, butterflies, ponies - she's taken her red plastic box turned it upside down on a little stool put it next to her cot. She's using this as her "bedside table" and she's taken some weed flowers from the backyard and put that in a glass as her vase with flowers - then she's taken a blanket and put it on the floor and this is her "rug" Its so cute and I'm thinking how to do the girly thing for her when she's got all this stuff running through her head

At freedom they have some really nice beds - they are both powder coated steel frames. The boys one has cars over the bedhead side and the girls one is a butterfly, the boys' one comes in blue and and the girls' in pink too. They both also have matching bedsides....They're discounted to $300 each - the mattresses aren't an issue, I can pick up some really good Sealy ones from Laws Auctions in Wetherhill Park.

I know you said you didnt want to get bunk beds so they can use them in seperate rooms later on, but what about loft beds? It would give them so much more room ...... you can make the bottom bed into a "L" shape ane then later on they would still look good in seperate rooms?
    Ikea rocks for these - but personally im not a fan of their matresses. I got my matress from a dial a matress place in the local paper, and its the best matress i have ever had, for a grand totoal of $250!! Its bright red but who cares??!!

you can get bunk beds that separate!! i saw them the other day and thought thats a great idea!!

I'm not sure what a loft bed looks like so I'll google it, I'll check out Ikea as well - I went into Snooze and they had a "special" on their mattresses for $380, I can get the same for $120 at the auctions!

Quote Originally Posted by maddysmummy View Post
    you can get bunk beds that separate!! i saw them the other day and thought thats a great idea!!
    I just called the place that Chloe mentioned - they do separate too but then later when you do you have to buy a separate bedhead for the top one. It just turns out to be more costly I think. The whole captains bunkbed costs $1200 which includes the beds and stain, that's way over budget for me.

loft beds are basically a bunk bed that is just the top bit - we are thinking of getting one for DD so she can have a little "cubby house" underneath (we will hang some voile curtains and dangle stuff off the bed, kinda her own little world.) im pretty excited about creating it! and then when we have another one, if we are still in a 2 bedder, younger one can have a jnr bed in the l shape underneath. great space saver

ps where abouts is this place at wetherill? i know where the kitchen auctions are but never heard of a mattress place?

Its the same place!! I thought it was different too but I called them the other day - the thing is, is that they have to go through auction first, and if they don't sell, then they stick on a flat price. This week they had the pillow top beds don't think they will have too much next week from what the lady told me on the phone!