Thread: hey am i being selfish?

Question hey am i being selfish?

Hi i would like this bubs to have both of our last names as we aren't married and i don't think we will be together much long i have a little girl to a different father and we used both last name anyway the father of bubs is trying to use blackmail to get it his way told me if i don't put his last name down by itself we are over sorry it vent but i just need to know what other people think?

Melly, if you're not going to stay with your baby's father and he won't have much to do with the baby, just use your name. If you're going to split anyway, how does his blackmail work?

Thanks Ryn i've been trying to make it work i think thats how he thinks his blackmail is going to work also his pushing me away by giving me blackmail

To be honest Melly, I'd be giving the baby your name to avoid issues in later life for the child and yourself with regards to identity. If you put the fathers' name on the birth registration and decide to remove it later for any reason, it can be very difficult. Especially if the father is likely to create problems for you.
    And it isn't my call and I have no right to stick my nose into your business, but if the father of the baby is going to be so silly and childish, perhaps you're much better off without him anyway.

Lisa