View Poll Results: What is the right amount of children for you?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • One child

7 6.14%
  • Two children

21 18.42%
  • Three children

23 20.18%
  • Four children

27 23.68%
  • Five or more

4 3.51%
  • No set number - I'm just seeing what happens!

32 28.07%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many children is the right amount for you?

poodleowner Guest

I have one child now and will definately like a second, if it is a girl we will probably stop there but if it is a boy we will try for a third.

bec1982 Guest

well i had aleesha before i met ashley and i always wanted 2 or 3 kids. So we had jacob and we had a pigeon pair which ashley was more then happy with but i wanted another one even after the pregnancy and how jacob was like a baby (and still is) so along came Tameeka and while i was pregnant i was dead against having anymore (dont like being pregnant) but dh didnt get the snip like i asked and even though tameeka is only 5 months old i want another baby. not yet though i already have the 16 mth age gap dont need that again. i want to be able to enjoy tameeka. ashley said he is dont having anymore and that was it, well he has given in again (which i feel bad about b/c he didnt want tameeka) but so far we are meant to be trying june/july next year which makes tameeka 2 1/2 yrs old when bubby will be born and a march/april baby dont need another christmas time baby. ashley is also scared i am going to want more babies after we have a 4th.

We are not fincally well off we live off one income and rent. we already have to move to a bigger house and i need a better car so it isnt like a i wasnt going to be doing all that anyway. people think 4 kids is alot these days which it can be but i feel like i am not complete having 3. i told ashley if i felt content with 2 or 3. but you never know next year i mioght not want anymore i just want to see how things go

I would love to have 4 children, but realistically we will probably have 3 unless our financial situation changes. We will definitley have more than one as we were both only children and refuse to allow Nicholas to be one.

Kazz & co \/
    Nicholas 26/10/02

Hi, I would dearly love 4+ but to be honest i guess we will stop at two (if we are lucky) mainly because of having to rely on IVF. This is a strain on emotions and finances! Also we are both getting too old!
    Jo

I think I've left my run a bit late now - but I would have liked three or four.

I'm nearly 34 years old now and Caitlin is two and half. I'd like to be pregnant again before I'm 35, thats the plan.

Barb.

Has anyone changed their minds.. Sarah.. you said six (prepreg)... now that you have one, still want six?

Im not sure.. Id like at least 2 or 3.. and if finances werent a prob.. id just keep going.. lol

K

Ideally, I'd love to have four. I come from a family of four and we are all really close. DH is also from a family of four.

Practically, I won't be getting pregnant again. DH has a 13 year old daughter, we have Alex, and now this one. After the pregnancy with Alex, I was told not to get pregnant again because I'd be really sick. We lost a baby last year and I wanted Alex to have a sibling close in age to him, so we decided to have another one.

Also, I believe in private secondary education, and we just simply won't be able to afford that for more than two kids (who am I kidding, we might not be able to afford it anyway!).

And more kids means bigger car, bigger house, more time off for me, and since I'm the main income earner, that's just not possible.

So this is it (unless something goes terribly wrong!)

Four for me is FANTASTIC!

Jo

I would have loved about 10... But after this one we don't really know although I am already thinking 5 months back at work & then fall preg again & have another one...
    I think if we have 3 I will be lucky & happy, possibly not content, but I know I am the bread winner & also getting older!!!

I figure when we move back to Bali I can take in a few kids if they need a roof over their heades & some love!!!! Just like my Mother in law has done... So I think I will be happy if we only have this one... But I will try to convince DH!

i don't really know why i want three i just think that is a good number the sex doesn't really matter too much... I guess we will have to just wait and see if we get any...

Originally it was just going to be 2, but after ChubbyBubby, I'm convinced I want another boy, although it will be a while yet before DH and I even discuss a 3rd.

Ellibam Guest

i have always wanted 4 children. i came from just my sister and me,which was to boring and with three there is always an odd one out so i want four. ben has said though we will see what happens but is open to the possibilities

I have always wanted 4 and DH wants 2. I am an only child so I just love the idea of having a few kids running around and for them to have plenty of company! DH is the youngest of 3 and doesn't like 'threes' and he thinks 4 is way too many. I guess since we don't even have one on the way yet we will have to see what happens.

Cass Guest

Our Ideal was 2 or 4 - Dh was a middle child and never wanted see that happen to his children.

But seeing as Mother Nature wasnt that kind to us - we will only ever have the 1 child - simple as that. I dont ovulate - and when I do - its a complete physical nightmare for me.

In one way it sucks that Rinn will never experience a sibling - yet in another way she will have more opportunities on her own.

We were prepared for being child-less when she appeared - I think that it is just as hard knowing that she will be our only one.

Just noticed your question to me Kirby about still wanting six after having one, probably not!! We are no looking at probably three - boys, girls, whatever it doesn't matter at all.

With our fertility issues it was a miracle to have Zander, so if we can't conceive a second Zander will be an only child. I'd prefer not to go through IVF.

Cass- so sorry to hear of your difficulties re having children, Rinn must be so precious to you both in that case.

Sarah- I hope when you do start ttc no.2 it happens quickly. But I guess if not then it makes Zander all the more precious.

Cheers Michelle

Thanks Michelle

Sarah- did you ever get told why it took so long, was there a diagnosis I guess? Sorry if that is too personal, you don't have to answer.

Best wishes Michelle

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast