View Poll Results: What is the right amount of children for you?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • One child

7 6.14%
  • Two children

21 18.42%
  • Three children

23 20.18%
  • Four children

27 23.68%
  • Five or more

4 3.51%
  • No set number - I'm just seeing what happens!

32 28.07%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many children is the right amount for you?

Nope not too personal Michelle. Aaron has a very low sperm count - normal is supposed to be 20million+ and Aaron's is around 5million or less.

Wow Sarah, that is very low. So terrific that Zander came along, hope you get another miracle.
    Cheers Michelle

Yep, we're definately very lucky to have our little man

Debbie Lee Guest

We may run into similar problems, Sarah. I remember when we were TTC Gabby, I was saying to myself "If we only get to have one, so be it - but pleeeeease let us have at least one child!!". So yeah...

I have always said no more than 2 but I wonder if I would want to try for a boy if we have a girl for #2?? I guess it pays to be flexible...

Melinda Guest

I've had the same thoughts as you Deb. We have always planned on having 2, but when I had 2 m/c, all I wanted was one healthy baby!

Since we've had Jacob, next time I would definitely like a girl and I find myself wondering if we have a 2nd boy, if I would want to try for #3.....

mooshie Guest

hi girls

just thought i would share something i heard on the radio the other day dunno how true but they were talking about numbers of children and the lady being interviewed said that apparently 3 children is the new "black", hmm i thought this was interesting as alot of people i know either have or want 3 children these days.

I geuss with 3 children you can still have a normal car.

I used to want 4 children but realisticly we can only afford to have 2 at the moment. If we had any more we couldn't afford to give them the kind of childhood that I would like my kids to have. Maybe in a few years time we'll have more money so more children will be an option but by then we may feel too old.

Debbie Lee Guest

That is interesting, Michelle. I guess having 3 is like having as many as you can but still being able to "fit them in the car" as dachlostar said. Still... when you buy family deals, they usually incorporate 2 adults and 2 kids....

My Mum always wanted 4 kids. She didn't want an only child (for obvious reasons), 2 was not enough (and she was 1 of 2 and she hated it), with 3 there's always one left out, with 4....???, 5 - too many! That was her rationale n e way.
    For me... being one of 4 was too many, LOL.

I think that's good more people are having 3!

I also think that if you think that 4 will mean 1 won't be left out then that's wrong, cos 3 will gang up ahainst 1 as quickly as 2 do.LOL I wanted 4 just cos, not sure really why. WOuld have almost stopped at 3 for the car thing but.....managed to convince Arron we needed one more cute widdle one!LOL If we were rich I could almost convince him we needed 1 more as well, but we're not and I do have to go back to work one of these dayslol

Cheers Mcihelle

Debbie Lee Guest

It's a pity, isn't it, Michelle - that those that would like more babies can't have them because of finances. The Gov't wants us to populate this country yet it's not always financially possible. Hardly seems fair!

Yep it is Deb and the prob with the lump sum of money is that it convinces the worng people to have kids, not that I didn't love getting it but I wonder about some areas of the community wanting kids for the wrong reason.

I am keen on having at least 2 kiddies... but my trouble atm is with convincing DP. He seems to be stuck on that fact that he never even planned/wanted the first, so why on earth should we have another?
    So I keep pointing out to him what a fantastic Daddy he is, and how much Aidyn has enriched his life... and its true, he ADORES Aidyn, and is a natural at being a great Dad.... And now that we have already gone down the road of having a child, is it going to be so much more trouble to have a second?
    I desperately don't want Aidyn to be an only child... I grew up with 4 sisters, so was never ever bored or lonely during my childhood, and definately dont want Aidyn to be bored, lonley or spoilt either....

Debbie Lee Guest

That's right, Michelle. Also, I find with a lump sum, I am more likely to spend it on once-off things wheras if I was paid more every fortnight, it would help out with the everday things? The $3000 was great and we were able to pay off some debts but we still need more for the day to day stuff.
    If they can't pay us more, how about making everything cost less?? It would be nice to be able to afford all the groceries and pay the bills. It's not like we live the high life!!

Ambah - here's hoping your DP comes around to the idea of having more than 1. Tell him that, generally, 2nd babies are pretty cruisey

Two babies is enough for me right now, but I am starting to think that having a third wouldn't be so bad. But I won't think about TTC until Grace is 2 because I feel like another baby right now would be too much. Plus I would love to buy a house before we have another baby and pay off some debts...Oh, to be rich and never have to worry about money...!

Bon

LOL Bon wouldn't that be great.

Deb the easy solution is take away the gst, we don't remember it but things were 10%cheaper once.LOL Of course that won't happen cos the govt are raking in big profits.

Ambah, hope you can change DP's mind, But don't stress too much, there's plenty of time, Josh and Jemma are 3 and a half yrs apart and that was very nice. Although having 2 together would have it all done. I think I sort of understand how he feels but I also know how you feel. It's hard! You are right though, you have all the major things you need, but it is easier to not have 2 in nappies at the same time. Hope it works out for you.
    Cheers Midhelle

DH told me over the weekend that he would like 4 kids now.

I was thinking #3 but after having Alexander my mind did start thinking 4 as well but never thought DH would want more as he only ever kept saying 2 once we where having Alexander. But i guess men are allowed to change their minds as well.

Custardtart Guest

Ever since I had my first child I thought that four would be a good number, but now that I've been through my third pregnancy I realise that I don't think I can do this again. It has taken so much out of me, and I've needed the family to pick up so much slack to support me, that I don't think I can put us all through it a fourth time.

I didn't anticipate having to spend the last month of this pregnancy on almost total bedrest, which has really strained the household - I'm really thankful that my girls are old enough to be real helpers, and not toddlers needing looking after, because I just plain couldn't cope.

So Three it is!

Kerrie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast