Thread: Im in the right here aren't I?

Default Im in the right here aren't I?

Yesterday we spent the day with the IL's as they have drove down from North QLD to visit. We spent the day at a wildlife park.

Anyway I was talking to my older sister on MSN last night, just normal chit chat & I mentioned we spent the day at Featherdale with DH's Parents.

Wells he right off her nutt saying how selfish I was that we were 5 minutes from her work & I didn't stop in & say hi.
    Now we were spending the day with the kids grandparents that they get to see once a year as the live 3000kms away (yay for me LOL).
    Yes I don't make any effort to see this sister & nor does she to see me. We just don't click.
    But she went on & on about how selfish I am & that YES it would have been ok to fob my IL's off to see her as she is my sister.

Now I can kinda get her point if say I also had driven hours & hours on end to get there. If that was the case then I would have let others know I was down. But I didn't I can drive down & see her any time & she can drive up & see me at any time. Its just that neither of us do. Im ok with that. When she isn't drunk (as thats my only reasoning for her way of thinking) Im sure she is fine with that too as she isn't exactly bashing the door down to see us.

So if you were in the area of a relo's work place would you stop in with your 4 kids, husband, grandparents & a 5th child(IL's have a foster boy) while on day out with interstate relatives?

Im pretty sure my sister is just an idiot. One of the reasons we don't click.

Nah she not right Fiona. You cant go dropping family that is normally over 3000km's away just to drop in to see her. You were spendign the day with THEM and lettign your kid's spend time with their grandparents.... What is she, a god?

Is it that hard for her to come to you if she is that despirt to see you? Why cant she make the effort to come up and see you and the kids at home rather then work?

Bugger them. I got the same 2 weeks ago when Jed's dad heard I was in Pakenham for the day

Did you come down and see SIL

ah NO!!!!!!!!!

Who needs family anyway????? They cause more headaches then anything half the time!

I wouldn't expect (or really want) that many people to stop at my work just 'cause they were nearby, especially if I wasn't close to them.

yup your right! she is just being an idiot...

Shalou Guest

I think your in the right I never call into a family or friends workplace even on my own unless it's urgent because I think it's unprofessional to be at work and have your family and friends calling in or ringing up unless they do it during a lunch break.

Thats the thing too, she doesn't work in an office environment, she works in an industrial area. yeah she has a desk job but in a industrial area! I'll just let the 5 kids under 6 run around &hope they don't hurt them selves while me & sis have a coffee.

Sounds a lot like my ex SIL. I bet it was a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Imagine the fuss she would of created if you had rocked up with everyone in tow just to say hello, bet she would have carried on about how she was interrupted and the kids were a pain etc.

You should have told her that yes you all discussed dropping in on her but decided she was too much of a PITA anyway so you went for ice cream instead....