Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My son is infatuated with his penis :(

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default My son is infatuated with his penis :(

I have tried everything, but my son is absolutely infatuated with his penis. He pokes it out at every chance and laughs, and tonight when I was on skype to John he was poking it out and trying to put it on my feet I just moved my feet and said no, but it went on for ages.

I have tried everything, as has everyone else who has seen it, from 'It will fall off' to 'Shall we chop it off?' to which he says yes and thinks is hilarious, but that scares me because I hope he wont try it, so I dont say it anymore. I know its a phase and will pass, but I am so over it. Am I the only one? Am I a weirdo?! First it was his bum he was flashing but we've moved to more 'exciting' things. Even if he gets no laughs or attention he still does it

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by BellyBelly View Post
    I have tried everything, but my son is absolutely infatuated with his penis.
    Ah, the male fascination with his willy. Will it ever end

Don't worry, he'll eventually become paranoid that it isn't big enough and be too scared to show it to anyone. You might have to wait a while, though

I should add that he is 3.5 LOL.

Thats what I thought, he's just being a BOY!!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

i wouldnt worry about it.. my nefews do the same thing.. one is 4 and one is 7. They are facinated and get it out every chance possible. N yes, they find it halarious! the visitors..not so much. lol. They take it out at the park and at home..and probley even the supermarket. Saying no to them works but not for long.. Im sure he will grow out of it eventually. if not, i pity his girlfriend/wife... dont think she would like it on her feet lol.
    at the end of the day boys will be boys.

All of my boys have tried this fun isn't it lol..

We said it is ok to have a game but there are times when it simply isn't appropriate.. I would prefer not to see your penis so if you want to play with it please go to your bedroom.. they soon got bored with that and moved on...

So if you just say yep do what yuo want but not in front of me please..

Have you tried the serious "if you want to look at your penis you need to do it in private in the bathroom or your room". He'll get bored when he realises he can't show it off.

Ohh poor you Kell, what a pain! (definitely soaking up all the advice in here! )

I think I agree with some of the others, reinforce that he needs to keep his private parts private, obviously it's not shameful to have a penis or anything, but there's a time and a place.

All the best, and let us know what works! :P

Yasin is in love with his penis at the moment too. He came into the kitchen tonight while I was cooking dinner sand said "mummy my penis is good, I love my penis' rofl.
    I just try and sound bored (which can be pretty hard when on the inside I'm rofl) and tell him to play with it in private.

Chloe - pmsl...ah what a charmer

I have this problem with Wilhelm and he's 6. Ive told him that its not nice to play with your penis in public and he just didnt care. I ended up telling him that the police will think he's a bad boy for playing with it in public and he could get in trouble with them for doing what he's doing. He didnt like that and I also told him in the same breath that no-one is ever aloud to play with it....only him. If someone else touches his penis he is to tell me becuase its not a nice to touch someone else there. So now he tells me the toilet touches his penis.....ah when will I learn!

paradise lost Guest

Kel i was on the phone to DP and said, "Kelly is concerned that her son is obsessed with his penis" and he replied "tell her i'm concerned that you're obsessed with mine". LMAO!

TBH it sounds like typical boy-behaviour to me. In fact typical kid behaviour since DD is constantly telling me about and poking at her "bits". Don't worry, in a few years he'll become so self conscious he won't leave the house due to a zit and you'll look back sadly on the happy days when he would show anything to anyone...

ROFL Bec!!! You are right... just like everything else, one day it's all going to be all but a memory.... bah I worry too much.
    Kelly xx

Oh God... do I have this to look forward to?!?

I think from the sounds of it, it's a novelty and he's just trying to get some sort of reaction/attention from you. If he see you're not interested in the game, he'll soon tire and move onto something else... an by the sounds of it, he's run out of inappropriate of body parts!

Im actually going to write down all your answers so i know what to do/say when its my turn to deal with this...Which wont be that far away...

my DF says not to worry, it will never stop

reminds me of a joke i heard a long time ago (forgive me, i dont have the best memory and am a crap joke teller, but here goes!)

A conversation between a mother and her little boy. The little boy has just discovered his penis.

"Mummy" he says, " Is this my brain?"

"Not yet!" She replies

OK now I have the song "magical penis" in my brain and all I can think of is taking it off at night and leaving it in the medicine cabinet. Actually maybe you could tell him that story - didn't the guy "misplace" it LOL

Well, I'm 30, and I'm still reasonably infatuated with mine, so you might have another 26.5 years left to ride this out...

Having said that, it's a long time since I whipped it out in front of strangers...

I would try not to worry too much about it. It's annoying, but some boys develop different ideas about modesty than others, and it will pass. It doesn't sound to me like there's the slightest bit of inappropriate sexual knowledge or activity there, given his age, so just keep reminding him that you want him to play with it in private.

And I actually think you deserve commendation - I think it's great that he's so comfortable with his body.

Zander is too! We tell him though that he needs to play with it in his room only, so he'll run off to his room & two seconds later comes back & tells us he's finished

I'm sorry, but I'm laughing so hard. So cute.
    My girls aren't allowed to bath together anymore coz they were showing each other their 'bits'.
    When Bri started wearing undies, she chucked brown eyes at everyone!
    A friends little girl used to pull on hers to the point I thought she would pull it off - & that was a girl!!

Don't worry, he'll soon start hiding it in public. Well maybe. He'll never lose his obsession with it though. He is male & that is his best mate! Or his future brain. I like that one!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast