Thread: Single Mum expecting no 3....

Default Single Mum expecting no 3....

Just wondering if I need to tell Centrelink I am pregnant? Or just file the papers when bub is born?

I am divorced with two kids, and have been with my current partner for 3 years. We have never moved in together though, as the baby was a surprise and he lives at home with his elderly Dad (who is very ill with heart condition at the moment). We will live together eventually. But right now this is the status quo.

Any advice?

Cathy

You don't need to tell centrelink that your pregnant, as you get no extra money for being pregnant. So only when the baby is born.

Love

That's what I thought. But good to check!

Cheers
    Cathy

Bambi Guest

Cathy Darl. Mandy (Bambi) here
    You are here and i see everything is fine.
    Hows your little one going???
    I see you decided with Laura, Very pretty.
    Hows Yasmin and Ronan??? Gorgeous Still i bet...

Hey Bambi

Had my ultrasound yesterday! (check 32-34 u/s in third trimester thread).

She is growing well and everything is fine. The placenta has moved up. But she is breech at the moment. Saw hospital today, two doctors palpated my tummy and said she is breech and I have up to 38 weeks for her to turn or we have to discuss options. One being that they can try and turn her (though frank breech (which she is...legs up near head), is hardest to turn. Or book me in for a caesarean at 40 weeks. So I am hoping she will turn!!

My care will be solely hospital from now on (no more shared care). I think this is because she's a special case..being breech. It's so bizarre that I had this exact same problem with Yasmin's pregnancy. (Low lying placenta that moved up, but then a breech baby and c-section)

Kids are good. Excited about the baby (Yasmin especially!).

Yes we like Laura! Still thinking of the middle name.

Hope you're going well! Keep in touch!!

Hugs
    Cathy

Bambi Guest

Yes were all well, Decided to make a Dr appointment next week, Once AF is gone and see what is happening with us, and why we haven't been able to fall pg yet. So confused. So Sad often that i am not, It been over three years and it is stressing us out more and more often.

Glad to hear the baby is fine, But Breached, Wow, I would just freak out, You are so strong and i hope everything goes fine. Maybe its just girls are more stubborn, though it seems, hehehehe

Laura is pretty, What about Laura Cath...

I saw the photos you sent me. Just gorgeous.
    Keep well, and let me know of any news.

I hope things work out for you Bambi! *hugs* Trying to conceive must be so frustrating. Have you tried the stinky herbs? I have heard things about them working.

Strong....well don't know about that..don't have much choice. I really don't look forward to another caesarean, but if that's the best for bub.....whatever will be will be. The good thing is no stitches down there I guess lol.

I love the excitement of giving birth. Having a caesar (esp elective) kind of takes away that. Though its still a thrill to see your baby born! Often you don't have a choice what day the baby is born...it's up to when they do sections that week (never weekends). I really wanted Yasmin to be born on her G.Grandma's birthday (13th), but they said 11th..so 11th it was. Anyway, the 11th is pretty special date...my DB, my Mum and Yasmin all born on the 11th 2 months apart.

Good luck honey!! You will get there! Just know you will! You're a great Mum and Zac would make a great big brother!

Laura Catherine? Well maybe hehe. I like Laura Kate or Laura Jade maybe. But DB thinks middle names don't have to 'go' well together. He'd consider our Mum's names..Wendy (my Mum) and Lina (his Mum).

Cheers
    Cathy

Bambi Guest

Thanks babe.
    It will take time and i guess the Dr appointment might tell us more, as we are both getting checked for problems.
    I know, Zac keeps touching my tummy and asking for a baby, awww, Makes me cry.

I like Laura Jade (but jade spelt as Jayde is nicer)
    Bubba born in April right, What about Laura April...
    I don't really like those other names you have there, your mums.
    Also Laura Amara is nice.
    Just some idea throwing at you...
    I'll tell you mine, Yes already picked out, But you can't steal them... hehehe
    I got Jaydee George... for a boy. And Imogen Anne for a girl...
    George after both our grandads and DH's middle name. And Anne from an abbrieviation of my mums name Maryanne. I love them and so does DH. Now we just need a bubba to fill the names.... hehehe

Laura Jayde is different. Interestingly I named Yasmin ..Yasmin Jayne.

I like your names....I threw Imogen at my DB, but he didn't go for it at the time.

I agree, the Grandma's names do not really go with Laura.

We had thought of April actually. And she should be born in April, unless she comes early in March! Then we are stuck hehe.

Good luck at the drs! I'm not a religious person (as in church going), but I have always believed God likes to give us our heart's desires...so I think you will be blessed soon!

Take care
    Cathy