Thread: Bambino Mio

Default Bambino Mio

I am thinking of getting a newborn to potty pack as i can get it cost price ( and i am planning on having another baby) does anyone use these nappies and are they good.
    It works out so much cheaper if i buy this now instead of buying huggies all the time

Looks interesting (I just did a google )
    I haven't used them so can't comment but as they do a trial pack maybe do that first before you spend up bit, even if it is cost price.

ok just had a look.
    they basically look like cotton prefolds. they are not expensive to buy...(about $3 each)
    the covers dont say that they are breathable! i wonder if they are pvc (plastic), not breathable PUL?? wouldn't it say if they were??
    they also advocate 'soaking' - totally unneccessary. bad for bub., bad for environment.
    most modern cloth nappy users 'dry pail', no soaking.
    the price i saw for the nb - toddler set was $599.
    personally i'd buy an australian wahm(work at home mum) made modern cloth nappies, or just buy bummi's covers (breathable pul) about $17 each, and unbleached cotton prefolds from a australian nappy seller like the weewuns..might even work out cheaper, but im too lazy and bad at maths to bother
    nappycino forum has alot of reviews and friendly people with advice..
    also oz cloth nappies has heaps of info too.
    hth's!

We have just bought a birth to potty set - we'll let you know how it goes when we get it. We're expecting them any day.

After extensive online research, we picked them because all of the other fitted nappies required a soaker insert as well as a nappy and a cover, which seemed a lot of work. Some of the fitted nappies were polyester, but we were after 100% cotton. They looked like they'd wash a lot easier than some of the other fitted nappies, as well.

Just out of interest, how much is that pack at cost price?

zara&damien Guest

the bummis packs of prefolds & covers are $220 birth-7kg, and $190 7kg-16kg

Quote Originally Posted by Schmickers
    we picked them because all of the other fitted nappies required a soaker insert as well as a nappy and a cover, which seemed a lot of work.
    Nah not really a lot of work Sometimes only the booster is a bit damp so you can just change that bit for a dry one.

I have friends that use them with there twin sons and they love them, i brought a sample pack today to try, i will look up oz nappy, thanks.\
    Micheal- i am not to sure as the girl who can get them for me is on holiddays.

kiki Guest

Smile

I ordered my birth to potty pack on christams eve and they arrived 2 days after Christmas so I was very impressed. I absolutely LOVE them, once you've washed them a couple of times they are soft and lovely and very easy to fold and put on. At first they seemed to leak everyime Olivia did a newborn breastfed baby poo, not down her leg or anything but into the cover and cos you only get 3 covers of each size I was finding I was using all 3 in a day but then I went up to the next size nappy and covers and have'nt had a leack since. They wash really well, I soak mine in nappysan over night which, although not completely environmentally friendly, is better than disposables and I prefer to soak for hygine reasons plus I hate stained nappies, then I rinse them in the machine and then wash in lux flakes. Initially I was finding I couldn't get the poo sains out but then started rinsing them before the wash and haven't had a problem since. They are very absorbent and look very comfortable as they aren't bulky like terry nappies and OMG are they cute!!!! The only one complaint I have is that I ordered mine through the website and got stung by my bank for an international transaction fee as the payment goes to a british bank, a bit stupid when the nappies came from Bondi!!! All in all though I'm really glad I chose them (and boy did I do extensive research) They're very good quality, easy to use,wash and quick to dry and are 100% cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by kiki View Post
    They wash really well, I soak mine in nappysan over night which, although not completely environmentally friendly, is better than disposables and I prefer to soak for hygine reasons plus I hate stained nappies, then I rinse them in the machine and then wash in lux flakes. Initially I was finding I couldn't get the poo sains out but then started rinsing them before the wash and haven't had a problem since..
    they will come out hygenically clean with just half a scoop of washing powder
    theres really no need for nappisan its expensive and full of irritating chemicals.
    did you know that the sun/sunlight naturally sanitises and removes stains?
    the dryer (heat)also kills germs...
    lux is pure soap with purfume....over time you might find that the soap reside builds up on the nappy, coating the fibres and actually can make them less absorbent or hold onto smells more. same with fabric softeners. i do a prewash, then use half the recommended amount of wash powder (omo sensitive), then rinse twice.
    have you read the FAQ's at oz cloth nappies org? heaps of info there.
    the other thing is do you use microfleece or polar fleece liners? they keep baby staydry and keep alot of stains off the nappy. just buy some micro or polar fleece from spotlight and cut into a large liner shape, no need to sew.
    hth's..

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Joh T - i have a bambino mio cover - it's not PVC, it's breathable cotton on the outer and PUL inside as far as i can make out. THey have leg gussets too which i am finding terrific with the newborn breastfed outputs. You can see them in real life at nature's cradle (where i got mine from). I got it cos i was hunting down any covers with leg gussets. Unfortunately you can't see the prefolds at Nature's Cradle, cos they come in sealed packs (6 or 12) so i haven't seen one of those out of the packet. Have been told they have excellent absorbency though.

thanks gigi i will check them out

JOH- with the polar fleece liners what do you find the easist way to get poo off???? do you just do a prerinse in the machine then wash??

yup with a purely breastfed babies prewash in the machine. as they start solids, i have a dedicated scraper spoon (old kitchen plastic spoon, wooden spoon size/spatula's are good too) that lives in the nappy bucket - or you can buy nappy sprayers that attach to your loo (little squirt) but i dont have the need for one