Thread: Best Fitted Cloth Nappy - Suggestions

Default Best Fitted Cloth Nappy - Suggestions

Hi everyone,

I'm going to use fitted cloth nappies with my bub and I'm just wondering which brand do you prefer to use? I'm not that good on the sewing machine so I can't make then, I don't want to be folding nappies all the time and I don't want to use disposables so I guess fitted cloth nappies are the way to go.

Any advice, pros and cons would be great!!

I am interested in this too. There are so many different types out there :shock:

Lee-Ann Guest

Hi Girls

Well I'm trying a few different types but my favourites are Baby Beehinds fitted nappies (they have a website) and I've heard Erica's are really good fitted nappies too. I'm going to try some AIO's (all-in-ones), my first one will be a Rumpster AIO (still waiting for it to be delivered) and I want to try a Happy Heiny pocket nappy. Join our Cloth Nappy chat too as there are a few ladies there with a wealth of knowledge. There are websites called Nappycino and Oz Cloth Nappies which provide a lot of information & links too. I'm sure there are a few other sites getting around that some one might be able to point you to as well.

I agree with Lee-Ann. If you're after fitteds then Baby BeeHinds are awesome! They will even have some bamboo ones soon!

I love my snazzipants which are a nz fitted nappy. The are just lovely. lso Bubba J do great nappies that go from about 5-9kg, and then 9-14 kg I think. Lovely stuff. i have some limited edition ones, and they really are lovely.
    I also like my pockets - particularly my fuzzibunz. They are just the trimmest nappies. I am getting some swaddlebees in a few weeks from US, so hopefully they are nice too

Fi

I've only just started this journey myself. I have found Nappycino to be really helpful, there are nappy reviews, all positive, but the reviews discuss what they like about them. I went with the nappies recommended for slimmer babies.

Obsidian Guest

We use mainly pockets, so I don't have many fitteds, but my favourite is the Hemp honey's by baby beehinds, they are really adjustable and fit really well (and absorbent!). If we could afford it, I'd have a huge supply of those LOL

Personally I prefer pockets (which is where the nappy is like a pillow case for folded up hemp etc. stuffing inside) as they dry super fast, can be made as absorbent as you like and you can use them as a swimming nappy or a cover over a fitted. And it didn't take long to train hubby how to use them

Default Baby BeeHinds fitted nappies at Lollypop Lane

Hi all,

O.K so I'm a bit biased, as I sell Baby BeeHinds Organic Hemp Onesize fitted nappies, in my online store, but the reason I started selling them, is because I was just so happy using them with my own baby. The first thing that appealed to me, is that they fit from newborn to toddler. Fitted nappies aren't cheap, so I didn't think I could afford to buy a whole set of different sizes as baby grew. The other thing that I love about these nappies, is that they are, I believe, the most absorbant, and durable fabric you can buy, plus they are much trimmer than some other nappy materials. These nappies do need a cover, but I have just got in, Bummis brand PUL covers, in cute prints. They are made to withstand industrial washing, so I'm sure they will outlast any other cover, and they are actually cheaper than a lot of other quality covers on the market.

If you'd like to know absolutely anything about cloth nappies, I'd love to hear from you. I've obviously spent too much time obsessing about cloth nappies!

Susannah
    Last edited by Nelle; May 24th, 2009 at 12:15 AM. Reason: editing out commercial link

Default The Happy Kind fitted cloth nappies are fantastic

I've found the gem in fitted cloth nappies.
    The brand is The Happy Kind. You can buy them online. Just google "The Happy Kind". The nappies are slim but absorbent and wash really well. The best value for money nappy out there.

I second Baby Beehinds bamboo fitted. I have only recently bought them and very happy with them. Let me know if you want me to PM you a shop in Perth that sells them and has 20% off all BBh till the end of May. They do take some time to dry though- may be better in summer! I put mine on the cool setting of the dry or they are hanging on a clotheshorse in front of the heater now. I bought them after reading really good recommendations on Bellybelly here and some other sites.

Default Which ones should I buy???

My baby isn't due until October but I'm doing some research into the world of MCN....my lord, so much to learn!!!

I'm just looking for some opinions from those of you who are in the know...so far, I'm getting the picture that perhaps BBH Hemp are up there with the best??? I like the concept of OSFA and not having to keep buying diff sizes...

So, which ones do you love the most and why?????

OH dame...a thread right up my alley

I loved my BBH when I first started out...they make great night nappies for normal wetters, great for through out the day..but found that they were alittle big in the crotch

I love and have a few Spunkybutt's that are nice and trim and absorbent

Itti Bitti bo's are devine....super soft but small sizing and trim

I have an auriel fitted that absolutely rocks!!!! Its a side snapper which fit a bigger hipped bubba

Bizy bee also make great fitted nappies with heaps of snaps or velcro

Very baby are good but I found I had to boost them more due to my wee machine

tots bots have a fitted thats soft and lush and great for smaller babies

Wild childs have fitteds that are trim and snug too

Can you tell I love my fitteds...

Wow, thanks, Maz...that's amazing!!!

I'm thinking about getting a few each from say BBH, Itty Bitty, Cushie Tushie and Motherease and trying them all? Is that overkill? Am I putting WAY too much thought into this? (Dh is over hearing about them all and wants to do disposable because it's all much simpler apparently!!)

Personally I think your doing the right thing

Its good to buy a few different brands to see what your baby will like eg their sizing,l if they have narrow hips/waist, long inthe body. You cant reallt tell until bub is aobut 6 weeks (when they have started filling out) what sort of body they will have for nappies so there for Lots of people also start with prefolds for new borns as they are quick drying and to be honest they dont really have them on for longer then 2 hours due to constant weeing and poohing.
    You can then use prefolds for extra stuffers for night times or pocket nappies.

got to love my BBH's i was very hesitant at first to purchase the bamboo fitteds..and the girls in the nappy thread talked me into it...best thing since sliced bread!!!! teamed with a M-A-L cover...BEST combo ever!!!!!