Thread: Possibly a really stupid question...

Default Possibly a really stupid question...

I am just new to MCN (this is our first week), and I thought I would bite the bullet, and try DD in a Baby Beehinds Bamboo fitted tonight.

I have maybe done something really stupid, and have put it on her for overnight. I folded the long insert in half (that's what you do for girls isn't it?), did up the snaps, then added the night booster thingy, then put on a BBH PUL cover (don't own any fleece or wool covers yet - was originally thinking I would still use Huggies at night, but thought I'd give this a try tonight anyway...).

Anyway, here's my stupid question:

I tucked the leg bits in on the nappy before I put the cover on (they probably have a proper name for them, but i can't remember at the moment, hope you know what I'm talking about). Are you supposed to tuck them in? Or leave them out? Does it matter either way?

Woops thats 3 questions...

I bought them at the baby expo, and I have a vague feeling that Lea said you can tuck them in, but then again, maybe it was someone else talking about a completely different nappy, or I possibly dreamt the entire thing up...

Have I done something incredibly stupid anyway, because DD is a big night wee-er and has occasionally leaked out of Huggies overnight? Should I buy something better for night time, or should I try this for a few days, and see how it goes?

Thanks for any help/advice you can give me.

I'm new to cloth too (about 2 months in now) and I've never tucked the leg bits in?? I didn't know you could... pmsl!!!

As for night nappies, DS is a huge wetter (has been known to wet through Huggies also) and I use Snoozywuns with a Baby Beehinds wool cover for him - and get no leaks at all. Sandmans is also ok I have found - as long as it is washed enough before hand..

sorry I'm not really much help - not very experienced here either!!

Firstly, how many times have you washed them? With those, they'll take about 10 washes to reach max absorbency, so you might get a leak tonight. Nina is a big wetter too, and I found I couldn't put a BBH on her overnight until I'd washed them quite a few times.
    Now, to answer your question, I'm not really sure. I wouldn't think it would be a problem tucking them in?

Umm....only washed them 3 times....

Good thing I have to change her sheets tomorrow anyway...

But let's hope that tonight is one of the nights when she doesn't wee as much... really don't want to have to do all of that in the middle of the night.....

I suppose though, that you can only only learn from your mistakes!