Thread: Uncooked pasta.....

Question Uncooked pasta.....

DS (2 years old) has decided he likes to eat uncooked pasta and i have a feeling its not good for him!!! Is it????

I will sometimes give him some to play "cooking" while i am trying to cook- i put some uncooked pasta in a saucepan with a smidge of water and he stirs etc and the other night i noticed that he was eating it!!! Then today he got hold of a half a packet of pasta and started eating that too!!

I took it off him, but i was just wondering if anyone knows if it is really bad for him, or if i can let him keep eating it coz he seems to really like it!! (Mind you he also loves raw vegies!! He nibbled on a whole raw zucchinni the other night!!! - IS THAT BAD TOO????)

TIA!!!

I'm not sure about the nutritional aspect of it, I'd assume the only risk would be cutting his mouth or it scratching his throat, and maybe hurting his teeth? Having said that, I have many a memory of chowing down on a pasta necklace I had made for my mum at kinder, paint and all

I used to eat uncooked pasta... but I was a teenager - not a 2yo!

Other than the cut gums/mouth, etc, unless he ate a large volume of it, I wouldn't be too worried.

Ds does the same thing Kat, Its not that much so I havent been that worried about it, apart from him wandering off with a piece of spaghetti in his mouth, chocking hazard and all that!

Another fan here!! No ill effects to date, but I usually catch her before she eats too much of it!

Phew!!! LoL I am glad he is not the only one!!

I had a horrible thought that it was like feeding pigeons uncooked rice I thought it might explode his tummy!!! Hee hee!!! I will let him keep "cooking" then- and if he choses to eat his creation then i wont stress!!!