View Poll Results: When do you make up your child's formula?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • In advance

20 41.67%
  • As needed

28 58.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do u prepare the bottles in advance or as needed?

I filled my bottles with cooled boiled water & let them on the bench then made them up as needed.

I too just have the bottles filled with water on the bench and use them when needed!

I actually don't think it would matter, it's just water. I don't have much bench space, but plenty in the fridge. Maybe it depends on how long the bottles sit there? If it's just one feed then there shouldn't be a problem. I suppose it's something we should look into! But it is just water.... lol

I thought it best to refridgerate as the hossie said that sterilised bottles last 24 hours in the fridge.

I have 6 bottles of boiled water in the fridge, then take them out, warm the water and add the formula. If I go out I make sure he gets a feed before we go out and heat up one bottle pretty hot as in 3hrs time I've found it cools to a luke warm and have a container with a scoop in it that has formula in it. I was told to keep them in the fridge, I also like the thought of the water being boiled then cooled rapidly as not many bugs and germs can survive going one extreme to the other, not sure if that's all that scientific lol that's just what I tell myself

That's what I do too CM - today I nuked 2 bottles and put one in a stubby cooler (perfect temp in an hour) and the other I nuked to boiling and that was perfect temp after 4 hours. Then added powder.

Avent and other squat bottles will fit in a standard neoprene stubby cooler (which is a lot cheaper than the bottle ones!) and tall pigeon bottles will fit in coolers for breezers etc.

Kazbah I would do that too when I went out in the winter. Just heat the water & pop the bottle in a stubby cooler as it would keep nice & warm. I had to be careful what cooler I put it in, he,he...some bns one's prob not appropriate. I did find one on ebay for $8 that says "drink milk", cute.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12