Thread: S26 Gold formula

Default S26 Gold formula

I have been using S26 gold for the last 6 days now (much to my upset of not being able to BF) and have found Chelsea to be in the worst pain from it, bad wind, continually in pain. Has made her constipated. I spoke to my maternal health nurse who said i should change formulas to see if that helps.

What formula does any one suggest and they find helped/helps this colic/constipation issue?

I sometimes use forumla and used to use S26 Gold as well and found Nina reacted the same way as Chelsea, I've since changed to Karicare. It's a thickened formula and she never gets an unsettled tummy from it.

We use Heinz Nurture Gold 1 for Jesse. He's never had a problem with it. He use to get colic when i was breastfeeding and to my knowledge hasnt had it since he's been on that forumla (since he was 1 and a half weeks old).

Apparently Nan is a good formula for babies who get constipation etc from formulas. its a lot lighter in texture and is harder to pack into the scoop, meaning there is no unintentional overstepping in the scoops department. (I'm not saying this is what u are doing, I'm merely pointing out that it can happen)

Hi Kimbaz - I used Nan for both my DDs and it has been fantastic. Neither of them ever had colic or constipation issues. With Marley she is on Nan HA1 Gold. I have heard many issues people have had with S26. I hope you find another formula that suits Chelsea better.

Thanks guys for your help.

I have put Chelsea on Karicare and its the best! She now sleeps, has less colic, and an overall happier baby

kim that's great to hear.

Kim that's great to hear, think I might try that myself. Charlie has been extremely agitated lately & constipated. Everyone I've spoken to said it's the S26 Gold & nothing seems to be helping. He's also waking lots a night too which I say could be related.

Ive heard alot of the 'Gold' brands in any formula does roughly the same, but more so in S26 gold.

But cant fault Karicare...we now on the follow on #2

I've been using S26 Gold since she was 3 months and has just switced, because I thought it was making her tummy loose. Now on NAN for a week and I think it's going better. She is also on some solids (ricecereal and veggies) now, so that could also be helping her loose tummy. I think that the Gold was maybe to rich. Actually my caregiver warned me against NAN, because it causes constipation in some bubs, but so far so good

This is interesting cause my bubs is on s26 gold and seems to cry a lot when passing wind and doing poos although what he passes isn't hard constipated poos. It's still quite soft but he really seems to struggle with it. He's having the s26 thickened with karicare thickener so that isn't helping. Was thinking of changing to Nan or Karicare thickened formula too. Having said that he seemed to also struggle doing poos when on thickened ebm so maybe he's just very sensitive to that feeling.