Thread: Using Tap Water

Default Using Tap Water

Is it safe to use normal tap water for babies bottles? My dad said to me today I should be using bottled water or install a filter to filter out all the yucky stuff they add to the water. I would have thought that boiling the water for the bottles was enough?? Is my dad just being the paranoid health freak that he is!! Bless.

I am sure that using just bolied tap water is just fine. Unless of course your water is really fithy

But yes, tap water boiled is perfect for your babies bottles.

I just use boiled tap water in bottles and DD is still alive and well after 6 1/2 months of it!! Tap water is clean enough adn boiling it kills the germs if any! My mum still nags me to boil it in a pot for at least 5 mins to definately kill the germs....but it's just too much trouble for me, hehe!

I just used boiled tap water. Most of the time it is fresh rainwater, but ATM we have 'town water' in the tanks (we ran out of fresh water and had to buy it in). Unless you have some really dodgy water then there is no reason why you can't use tap water.

We just use the tap water & boil it, though prob a bit mean considering we hate the taste of the water here & we buy ours at Woolworths LOL. DS doesn't know the difference. The CHN suggested we use filtered water when giving it to him cold in his cup, like after he's eaten his solids. But your a while a way from that yet.

I use boiled tap water. We have a new filtration system here and the water is really very good. Not only that, but it has fluoride in it, which my rain water doesn't. I'm a fan of what fluoride has done for dentists and general dental health.

ChristieN Guest

We use the water out of our Brita water filter.

We use tap water and boil it. We only boil it once too, so that it doesn't break down the flouride. (that's what the midwife told us)

Enchanted Guest

We used boiled tap water here too!

I use boiled tap water most of the time, sometimes we get some dirty water come through and i have to buy a bottle. the way i look at it is, if I will drink it then it's ok for Brendan.

I personally use spring water these days but mostly because i'm lazy. Nothing wrong at all with boiled tap water, i would just boil it extra well if you're from Adelaide....

As for fluoride, i dunno if i'm a fan of it i've heard all kinds of different perspectives on it good and bad, i'd prefer to get it out of toothpaste but that's my personal opinion.

I used boiled tap water here.

when i'm out and don't have access to cooled boiled water i use it straight from the tap which is ok but not recommended to b too often. this way she gets flouride coz our tanks r not the greatest n adelaide town water is better than our tanks. we use bottled water for the rest of us and boil rain for em's bottles usually, unless we have no preboiled water.