Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you eat your Kiwi fruit?

Default How do you eat your Kiwi fruit?

we have a heap of kiwi fruit. I have never ever tried it before and I have always though it would taste weird. maybe something about the furry skin. ( I know you dont eat that part) although some people do

So how do you eat your kiwi fruit? Do you do anything special with it? or have an recipes you use it in?

DH said " i'll put sugar on it and just eait it" hes italian...and they do that wih heaps of other foods like tomatoes....so I had to laugh......

any ideas?

They are yummy just as they are you dont need sugar on them!

My kids go nuts for them just cut in half and scoop out the fleshy bit with a spoon. You can wash them so the fuzz comes off and eat the skin like that but eeewwww not for me thanks.

They are a really good source of fibre and are one of the few fruits that dont freeze.

Not as good as Feijoas of course but yummy all the same

We usually eat ours like FM, cut in half and scoop out with a spoon, well unless you're DS who needs his peeled and diced or DD who has hers quartered long ways and eats it like an orange

Can't say I've used it in a recipe unless you count as decoration on a pav

eta no sugar required!

i eat them skin and all

Yep, cut in half and eat the flesh with the spoon. Otherwise peel, cut up and toss in a fruit salad!

If they need sugar they probably aren't totally ripe. They should be soft but not gooey. Even ripe they can give your tongue a bit of a tingle. Cut them in half and eat them with a spoon. As others have said they are great in fruit salad.

We grow them so have plenty at this time of the year.

We cut them in half and eat the centre out - ours is the sort that you cannot eat the skin as they are to furry
    Blend them and drizzle over icecream
    Kiwi jam
    Kiwi chutney
    If you have tough meat it is a great tenderiser

Quote Originally Posted by Olive View Post
    i eat them skin and all
    When I was pregnant I ate them like this to help prevent constipation, worked a treat! I had one every morning, just cut it up and ate it.
    Otherwise I peel, cut and eat or in a fruit salad or on top of something like a Pav.

I'm with Heather! Pav!!!! Yummo, and what a good excuse to eat cream

Otherwise, DS eats a lot of kiwi fruit, sliced or diced and I love it just to snack on. No sugar, usually they're sweet enough

I normally cut in half and scoop out, however I am going to try it with the skin on. I have NEVER known you can eat the skin lol..

Quote Originally Posted by krystals View Post
    Otherwise, DS eats a lot of kiwi fruit, sliced or diced and I love it just to snack on.
    So does DD, and usually eats 3 or more at a time. I'll never forget that first poo when I noticed all the little black seeds....I had no idea what they were - thought she had some terrible disease lol

Sorry back to the thread

Oh yummm! I can't have heaps in the house otherwise I sit there and eat them all in one sitting and end up with a sore tongue lol. Just cut 'em in half and scoop out the flesh, yum. I also love them peeled and chopped up with strawberries, blueberries and natural yogurt.... mmmmmmmmmmm.

I'll eat them either way. With or without skin. I love kiwi fruit!

In a place where Love is what we breathe!

Kiwi fruit granita

Just scoop out all the yummy insides, blitz and freeze. Once frozen, scrape the ice and refreeze before serving/scoffing
    I love it!

I sometimes eat the skin. Just watch out for the very sharp little spike which extends from the dried up stem end of the fruit, usually about half a cm long into the top of it.

And the easiest way to peel them is with a vegie peeler, if you want presentable slices in a fruit salad or on a pav. just top and tail them with a sharp knife then peel down the sides.

We cut it in half and scoop it out with a spoon

Oh yum, now I wish we had some kiwis, I'd love one right now! I just cut in half and eat with a spoon, I had no idea you could eat the skin!

I usually wash and eat the whole thing the skin is edible and good source of fibre

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast