Thread: what r u going to plant for spring/summer

barney Guest

Default what r u going to plant for spring/summer

ok so ive got the veggie garden all dugg up and dh and i have planted cucumbers,tomatoes,beans,peas,cauliflowers,beetroo t,carotts,broccoli seeds,spinach and some parcley oh and some corn. .
    tell me girls what are you going to plant ? im after some more ideas

hopeing they all grow ok as im not the best in the old garden,so any tips or secrets to keeping a better veggy garden pls share lol.

Well...DH subscribed to the Diggers Club magazine, I have been trawling through it to decide.

Have a separate garden bed prepared for potatoes..King Edwards and Ruby Lou.
    We have carrotts in already. Want to put in some broccoli, cauliflour, some sort of lettuce. I would like to grow celery, beetroot and spring onions as these are things we use alot.
    With our Tax refund we are getting the Chickens I posted about, so will have some natural fertiliser.
    I am not great either Smithy on the seasons so the Magazine has been a big help. I like to plant things that I currently buy at Fruit n Veg.
    I am thinking it would be worth us investing in a 'companion planting' table so I know what to plant next to each to enourage good growth.

Oooh subscribing. I have no idea what to plant when!

barney Guest

ive got the chooks there going very well im getting 2 eggs a day and with the straw out of the hut i put that into a 44 gallon drum with all the chook poo and cover it with water ,im going to use that as my stuff to go around the plants,im so happy with all the chook poo. your gonna love your chooks hun they are so much fun ,now to keep them out of the gadren they are in the pen rite next to my veggies so hopeing thats were they stay lol.
    also hopeing this wind today doesnt kill my plants lol.
    oh well girls lets hope we can grow something...good luk

oh and im so hopeless in the garden ,i have no idea either as to when and how to plant things i put them in and hope for the best,i do try but lol.

I planted cos lettuce, carrots and brown onions, rosemary, basil and parsley. I didn't go overboard because it's not a full sun area and I wanted to make sure that it was going to cope okay. The lettuce was lovely, the carrots are almost ready to go, the basil died, and everything else seems to be growing fine, so I'm hoping to plant some pumpkin (and run the risk of being overrun!!) and maybe some other vegies too.