Thread: gay friendly lawyer in townsville?

Lea79 Guest

Question gay friendly lawyer in townsville?

Hi, I was wondering if anybody knows of a gay friendly lawyer in Townsville who can help us draw up a parenting agreement etc with our donor? Please let me know if you do.

Cheers,

Leanne n Selena

Hi Leanne n Selena
    There is a great article at http://www.glrl.org.au/pdf/major_rep...ing_turkey.pdf that outlines questions and concerns you should be raising with your donor.
    Unfortunately, I can't help you with a lawyer, but it makes for really interesting reading and the website The Gay & Lesbian Rights Lobby is a really informative site as somewhere to start.

Good luck!!

Hey Lea,

Sorry, I'm not really sure. I'm trying to find the site I used to find our lawyer in Brisbane which I hope will have something for you *fingers crossed*

Congrats on finding the donor though!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys!!!!!

ETA: Ok didn't take as long as I thought. There is a site called gaylawnet.com I really hope that can help. If not perhaps you can call Denise Maxwell and see if she can recommend a lawyer in Townsville?
    Last edited by Indadhanu; June 23rd, 2008 at 07:53 AM.

Lea79 Guest

Thanks girls,

will keep asking around but that helps out. Unfortunately gaylaw.net doesn't have anything for townsville but will keep looking. BTW who is denise maxwell?

Cheers,

Leanne

Denise Maxwell is our lawyer for our wills and family law. her website is denisemaxwell . com . au

I dont think you could go past denise maxwell even though she could probably even work with you gals over the phone and via email. she has drawn up all our documents and i cant recommend her strongly enough as she understands our lifestyles

I dont think you could go past denise maxwell even though she is in brisbane she could probably even work with you gals over the phone and via email. she has drawn up all our documents and i cant recommend her strongly enough as she understands our lifestyles

Lea79 Guest

Thanks girls! I might see if I can make contact with her and see how we could make it work over the phone, fax and emails. I dont seem to have any luck in Townsville!

cheers,

Leanne